Atlanta ProgMetal Fans Rejoice! MINDFLOW! MEYVN!

BTW, believe it or not, you should continue to have your ends trimmed on a somewhat regular basis. Otherwise you'll end up with a long mess. ;)

Yeah, I've read that I should do that, but I've heard that others stay the Hell away from it, also. I also don't trust a person with scissors :lol: But yeah, my hair is long enough now (I can pull my bangs below my mouth) that I should have someone look at it and make sure it's going in the right direction. Ugh .. pain in the ass, haha

Yeah, I've read that I should do that, but I've heard that others stay the Hell away from it, also. I also don't trust a person with scissors :lol: But yeah, my hair is long enough now (I can pull my bangs below my mouth) that I should have someone look at it and make sure it's going in the right direction. Ugh .. pain in the ass, haha
I'm just going by personal experience and advice I got from my ex who is a very good hairdresser. You do have to be careful about who you choose. It must be someone you can trust, listens to you, and does a good job. Hey, so can I!!! :lol: Yeah, you are at *that* stage. Your hair is farily wavy too, isn't it? If so, you really need to be careful about who you choose.

Plus we have more people wanting to leave the state, and more crooked politicans. So we are even.
Wow! Ok, a lot of people come from MD and settle up here (myself included). I like it during the spring and summer, just don't like winter. I guess I was born and raised in the wrong part of the country. I need to either move south or way west. One of these days...

As far as crooked politicians, I live only 45 minutes south from the capitol of PA, about 75 minutes north of the capitol of MD and 90 minutes from DC. I think I may live closer to more crooked politicians. :lol:

Wow! Ok, a lot of people come from MD and settle up here (myself included). I like it during the spring and summer, just don't like winter. I guess I was born and raised in the wrong part of the country. I need to either move south or way west. One of these days...

As far as crooked politicians, I live only 45 minutes south from the capitol of PA, about 75 minutes north of the capitol of MD and 90 minutes from DC. I think I may live closer to more crooked politicians. :lol:

Yeah you maybe right about that, but you do have one thing that I In El Paso don't have, and that is access to tremendous seafood, everything we get here is frozen and therefore not as tasty, but then again we do have some great Buffalo burgers and steaks, and Onxy burgers, mmmmmmmmm.

Yeah you maybe right about that, but you do have one thing that I In El Paso don't have, and that is access to tremendous seafood, everything we get here is frozen and therefore not as tasty, but then again we do have some great Buffalo burgers and steaks, and Onxy burgers, mmmmmmmmm.
Ahhhh yes... the seafood! I won't argue with that one bit! I LOVE the seafood here! The only place that has come close by any means, is Belgium and that was just for the mussels. But Baltimore is very well known for its seafood and for a good reason! I would've thought that you could get some good stuff down there being so close to the Gulf Coast. During the winter months, most of our crabs come from there. As it gets closer to season, they come from the Carolinas. And its all in how they are prepared. Steamed, not boiled!!! And LOTS of Old Bay seasoning! :kickass::kickass:

Now if only we could build a better music scene in Baltimore! Long gone seem to be the days of Kix, Child's Play and Wrathchild America. Now cover bands are the "in" thing. Well, cover bands and bands with lots of screaming and poor musicianship. :(

AHEM! *wrestles thread back on topic* :Smug:

alright - who else is excited about this Meyvn/Mindflow show coming to Atlanta? :D

For those coming from out of town (or state) you have almost 4 months to make your travel plans. I will of course be checking with the Hampton Inn again for a good rate. For those who stayed there last time, I hope the stay was enjoyable? comfortable? convenient to the venue?

And for those who experienced the The Local (and Sidelines Sports Grille), what did you think of the venue? How was the sound and lights? The comfort of the room itself? Did you partake of the menu inside the Sports Grille? let me know what you thought of it all.

Thanks!

AHEM! *wrestles thread back on topic* :Smug:

alright - who else is excited about this Meyvn/Mindflow show coming to Atlanta? :D

For those coming from out of town (or state) you have almost 4 months to make your travel plans. I will of course be checking with the Hampton Inn again for a good rate. For those who stayed there last time, I hope the stay was enjoyable? comfortable? convenient to the venue?

And for those who experienced the The Local (and Sidelines Sports Grille), what did you think of the venue? How was the sound and lights? The comfort of the room itself? Did you partake of the menu inside the Sports Grille? let me know what you thought of it all.

Thanks!
Sorry about that!

Actually, believe or not, I'm contemplating it. Great lineup (been digging the Mindflow, still have to give Meyvn a chance), killer venue, 730 miles, awesome! I have to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else and make sure that we don't have a show to play that night, but I'm really thinking about it.

Yes, four months. The Hampton Inn was great. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. It was real convenient to the venue too. The continental breakfast was decent. I wish I could get rooms that nice and cheap close to Centerstage!

Oh man, I LOVED the venue! God knows I spent 9 1/2 hours there too! It was a great layout for a show. The stage was nice, but the sound and lights were fanatastic! All three other bands sounded great and from my vantage point on stage, it sounded like he dialed us in pretty good too. I know he missed some of our solos and stuff, but we had too much going on for someone totally unfamiliar with our music. I loved that it was non-smoking too! Sidelines Bar and Grille had great food and they were friendly. Smoking was allowed in there, but it wasn't too bad. The cool thing is that you could still see the bands playing through the glass. I strongly preferred it over Jaxx -- from playing there to watching live music there! The Local is also easy access from the main highway (75), so people shouldn't have a difficult time finding it. In short, The Local ROCKS!!! :headbang::headbang:

Sounds like a good excuse to make the trek down from DC to visit both my families (blood and metal!) :) For those I told about the job possibility, its on hold for now, but hopefully will be revisited in the spring/summer...

cool Rick, hope you can make the trip! - and no worries about getting off topic. I've been guilty of that a time or two before myself :oops:

and thanks also for the review of the hotel and the venue. :cool: