Atlanta ProgMetal Fans Rejoice! MINDFLOW! MEYVN!

The Local is a nice, CLEAN venue. The beer prices aren't bad and there is plenty of fun to be had in the main bar. There are pool tables, a basketball game (which my friend and I got hooked on) and a TouchTunes with all types of music, including metal. I didn't have any personally, but the food looked good and the prices were fair. The sound was good, which honestly surprised me. It didn't look like much, but the setup sounded fine. The lights were good and the room was small enough to allow for good lighting and fog effects. I enjoyed the show and look forward to going back.

Cool news Hoyt! A Lower Deep are great and a good addition to the show for sure :cool:

Sorry Rick/See You In Hell, I don't think the MindFlow boys are coming to/near Dallas until their tour. I talked to them already about it and they said it is just too expensive to go to El Paso AND Dallas in the same trip. That's totally awesome news about the Ridglea - PLEASE let me know what happens with it! We need to get Andy in on this too because he knows Wesley well also. She knows me too, but only by face, not name. I'd like to get the boys added to a show with Scale the Summit or it would be too cool if we could get them added to the SymX/Epica show on April 27! Well, call me and we can talk about this more. I need to call Andy to so we can work out something for Queensrÿche anyway.

Its great to be involved with another Pathfinder Show. We'd never pass up an opportunity to play with some of the bands that haven't stopped paving the way for us younger bands in the world! Not to mention we get to once again play with our long time supporters and friends in A Lower Deep and Halcyon Way. A couple of us in E.B.S. are completely blown away at Mindflow's music, and some of it just goes over the other guys' heads. We all feel equal when it comes to Meyvn though--absolutely incredible.

:headbang:

By then we'll have a couple new songs to throw at those of you that were really diggin our material. We're really cautious when it comes to writing new material, hence why I only said a 'couple'. We like to put a lot of thought and consideration into our music to make sure the ingredients add up to quality music. After all, it IS a representation of the heart and soul we put into it.

AHEM! *wrestles thread back on topic* :Smug:

alright - who else is excited about this Meyvn/Mindflow show coming to Atlanta? :D

I am not entirely unexcited about it. :lol:

And for those who experienced the The Local (and Sidelines Sports Grille), what did you think of the venue? How was the sound and lights? The comfort of the room itself? Did you partake of the menu inside the Sports Grille? let me know what you thought of it all.
Thanks!

I thought the venue was fine, for a 200-person venue.

We did partake of the menu and thought the food was great. It was a bit hard to get the waitress' attention sometimes, but it was also kinda late. The process took a little longer than we were hoping, hence we missed the first part of C II C.

Thanks Hoyt for putting together such a kickass lineup! We're thrilled to be a part of it and can't wait to get up there to Atlanta and jam! Looking forward to meeting all of you and checking out Halcyon Way, A Lower Deep, and Eclipsed By Sanity! (We saw Mindflow at Madfest and they were AWESOME)

:headbang: :kickass:

Thanks Hoyt for putting together such a kickass lineup! We're thrilled to be a part of it and can't wait to get up there to Atlanta and jam! Looking forward to meeting all of you and checking out Halcyon Way, A Lower Deep, and Eclipsed By Sanity! (We saw Mindflow at Madfest and they were AWESOME)

Really looking forward to meeting you guys as well Drew. We're very impressed with you guys and looking for an awesome night.

Cool news Hoyt! A Lower Deep are great and a good addition to the show for sure :cool:

Sorry Rick/See You In Hell, I don't think the MindFlow boys are coming to/near Dallas until their tour. I talked to them already about it and they said it is just too expensive to go to El Paso AND Dallas in the same trip. That's totally awesome news about the Ridglea - PLEASE let me know what happens with it! We need to get Andy in on this too because he knows Wesley well also. She knows me too, but only by face, not name. I'd like to get the boys added to a show with Scale the Summit or it would be too cool if we could get them added to the SymX/Epica show on April 27! Well, call me and we can talk about this more. I need to call Andy to so we can work out something for Queensrÿche anyway.

I was actually trying to get MindFlow here for their tour and not when they are in El Paso. You're right, that would be asking too much for them to try this so soon. My thought was we could, if stars align properly, have them back through here at some point when their offical tour gets underway. I'll try to follow-up with Ridglea soon to see if I can get an update. Feel free to have Andy contact them too. I'll keep you posted. :)

Looks like an awesome show - I'm there! Any marietta people: is this venu the place that used to be the Strand, or is this somewhere else? I'll have to figure out where i'm going... funny that I seem to know less about my area than people who are coming from hundreds of miles for the show...

AHEM! *wrestles thread back on topic* :Smug:

alright - who else is excited about this Meyvn/Mindflow show coming to Atlanta? :D

And for those who experienced the The Local (and Sidelines Sports Grille), what did you think of the venue? How was the sound and lights? The comfort of the room itself? Did you partake of the menu inside the Sports Grille? let me know what you thought of it all.

Thanks!

Sorry - missed this post - ya, i have been to this place before. Cool venu, but really small - i wouldn't think you could get much more than 100 people in the stage/concert area, but i could be wrong. The bar/cafe/gaming area is pretty cool - probably twice the size of the stage-room. A lot more people fit out there, but you can't really hear what's going on in the stage room from there (i think the stage-room is sound-proofed). I don't remember much about the sound/lights - seemed pretty comfortable for a room that size - I didn't need ear-plugs like a show at the Masquerade. The food isn't bad at all - pretty versitile grill menu - should be fun hanging out!

Sorry - missed this post - ya, i have been to this place before. Cool venu, but really small - i wouldn't think you could get much more than 100 people in the stage/concert area, but i could be wrong. The bar/cafe/gaming area is pretty cool - probably twice the size of the stage-room. A lot more people fit out there, but you can't really hear what's going on in the stage room from there (i think the stage-room is sound-proofed). I don't remember much about the sound/lights - seemed pretty comfortable for a room that size - I didn't need ear-plugs like a show at the Masquerade. The food isn't bad at all - pretty versitile grill menu - should be fun hanging out!

yes, The Local Venue started out as The Darkside several years ago. But the fellow who ran the Darkside moved his business out of there almost a year ago. The room struggled a bit with acoustic shows and karaoke, with an occasional bigger show brought in once a month or so. But lately it's been completely overhauled and refurbished by another promoter. There's new sound, new lights, new carpet, fresh paint, and a new NO SMOKING rule inside the music room. :) The room is ten times better than it ever was for acoustics and a great show!

And at the Feb 2nd Circle II Circle show, we had approximately 150 people in there without packing them in like sardines. 200 might be pushing the room limit. :saint:

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you at the June 14th Mindflow/Meyvn show! :headbang:

Looks like an awesome show - I'm there! Any marietta people: is this venu the place that used to be the Strand, or is this somewhere else? I'll have to figure out where i'm going... funny that I seem to know less about my area than people who are coming from hundreds of miles for the show...

WHOA madFive! I know you! :cool: Do you know where we're all hiding now? ---> http://www.veilofdisdain.com

~SQ~

If this has anything to do with the recent add I got from a certain Jodi and Scott ;-), then I think I have an idea what this could be :headbang::headbang:

Unfortunately I dont think that MindFlow would fit very with a fest that is titled Kansas City Power Metal Fest. I just think MindFlow is much Prog, but it's possible ;).

Ok, so I was listening to some Meyvn, and I decided to make some changes to my life. I've quit the guitar. I will now play the "evil kazoo" for HW. On songs with no Evil Kazoo parts, I'll be performing on the Bloody Mannequin Leg.

Ok, so I was listening to some Meyvn, and I decided to make some changes to my life. I've quit the guitar. I will now play the "evil kazoo" for HW. On songs with no Evil Kazoo parts, I'll be performing on the Bloody Mannequin Leg.

Drew is amazing isn't he? he blew our mind at MADFEST. Go to his MYSPACE page(not MEYVN'S, his personnel page) and listen to "Bubba goes Hanggliding".

For those coming from out of town (or state) you have almost 4 months to make your travel plans. I will of course be checking with the Hampton Inn again for a good rate. For those who stayed there last time, I hope the stay was enjoyable? comfortable? convenient to the venue?

Thanks!

The Hampton Inn was very comfortable and convenient and we had a good stay. Thanks for pulling that one off.

We ate at the Grill before the show and it was very good. We will plan to do that again for this show. The venue was excellent. We went in a little early to snag a couple of chairs at one of the bar tables. Could have used a few more tables and chairs around the perimeter for those wanting to get off their feet for a few minutes and to rest their drink. Sound and lights were very good for that size venue. Looking forward to coming back again for this show.