Australian Black Metal

Goreripper said:
That's true requiem, but the metal scene as a whole isn't a large scene. Metal for the Brain is the biggest metal gig of the year, and even that gets barely 2000 people. Deeds of Flesh is playing at Blood Lust in Sydney this year, and they'll be lucky to get more than a couple of hundred there. That said, those of us who are in the scene should support what we have.

I mostly blame a complete lack of any support for any black metal bands by radio programs, even programs like "Full Metal Racket" never play any black metal or really advertise upcoming black metal events, they spend more time playing hardcore which isn't even metal. Anyway enough bitching, what'd i'd like to ask is that if anyone hears of any upcoming events (especially if it's in brisbane) could you please tell us on this thread? Support the Oz Black Metal!! :headbang:

ASTRIAAL said:
No, Arkheth are from Orange, regional N.S.W.
A great BM band and being so young this band has a lot of potential and will be a strong force within the Australian BM underground in the future.

Orange nice! I was born in orange. Unholy Orange Metal!!!

Hey did anyone go see them last night in Sydney with Atomizer and Miscreation? If so what was it like???

requiem said:
Well, as much as I love and adore Astriaal, they're hardly what you'd call traditional black metal. Neither is Destroyer 666, Gospel of the Horns, and most of the 'others'. Notherealm is true black metal, and I'm sure there are other bands out there.

As far as traditional black metal goes, I think we as a nation need to face the fact that there isn't a large scene, unlike the Death/Grindcore/Metalcore scene. Which is a pity as far as I'm concerned.
I rocked up to a Terror (Hardcore) gig in Newcastle not knowing who these guys were, and the venue was packed out on a Thursday night, Then you have Mystic Circle (Black Metal) a band that I did know, have only a small handfull of people turn up also on a Thursday night, so the scene is quiet different in terms of other metal scenes, thus asking the question if Hardcore scene is a metal scene or a punk scene (fuck I know very little about harcore but I do regard some hardcore bands metal bands when it's metalcore)
But yes Goreripper is right the Aussie metal scene (in regards to supporters) is quiet small, but I love the music and as long as bands play and I'm there I don't give a fuck I will have fun! (still feel sorry 4 the bands)

If you want to hear a radio station that has a large content of Black Metal tune in as below. (sorry Newcastle only)

pr666 said:
aust bands i support:
The Black Death
KtK
Striborg
Nuclear Winter
Pestilential Shadows
Battalion
Nazxul
Vrag
Myrddraal
Misery's Omen
Ghastly
Zemial
I'll add:
Spear Of Longinus
Abyssic Hate
Samain
Black Bile
Darklord
Abominator
Destruktor
Stargazer
Elysian Blaze
Rev. Kriss Hades
Cauldron Black Ram

more I've forgotten.............

Thor Kjaer-Olsen said:
I mostly blame a complete lack of any support for any black metal bands by radio programs, even programs like "Full Metal Racket" never play any black metal or really advertise upcoming black metal events, they spend more time playing hardcore which isn't even metal.
My show plays black metal a lot. If you want to listen to it, you can listen to it by clicking on this: http://www.2bfm.com/loud.wax .
Of course, I don't play ONLY black metal, but I do play it. :)

The Pimp don't care much for Black Metal, frankly, what most people consider to be "True" Black Metal is merely make-up encrusted noise preformed by tiny-dicked posers who think that spout off everythign inside their hollow skulls, from race to the state of modern metal, because they play in a Black Metal band.
Now, that is just a sweeping generalisation of the whole Black Metal scene, no real offence mean to all those hardcore Black Metal kiddies out there.

That being said, Australia's best current Black Metal bands Arkheth, Stargazer & Astriaal.
But if ya'll want a classic Australian Black/Thrash band, ya'll can never go past Armoured Angel (surprise, surprise, The Pimp screaming the praises of Armoured Angel). They were the best Black/Thrash band Australia ever produced and most of their stuff still holds up against what is coming out of Europe today (get Mysterium for the proof of that statement).

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

The Pimp NeonBlack said:
The Pimp don't care much for Black Metal, frankly, what most people consider to be "True" Black Metal is merely make-up encrusted noise preformed by tiny-dicked posers who think that spout off everythign inside their hollow skulls, from race to the state of modern metal, because they play in a Black Metal band.
Now, that is just a sweeping generalisation of the whole Black Metal scene, no real offence mean to all those hardcore Black Metal kiddies out there.

You can't half tell we hang around the same venue can you?

There is nothing more funny then yelling at Vrag to play kiss covers.

i thought your favourite band was amon-amarth?

and have you forgotten your roots (cough, cough, exercitus)?

we all know how frosty true and necro grimsty all you up north are!

:Spam: :wave:

Koich said:
You can't half tell we hang around the same venue can you?

There is nothing more funny then yelling at Vrag to play kiss covers.
That was pretty funny!
But not as funny as when Sindablok Darrell threatened to kill them all when Roman started up with that flaming torch shit of his!
Almost set my's hair on fire, the cunt!

Also: Malice are a good Aussie Black Metal band. :headbang:

Hey Sad Ex call themselves Death but it dont mean shit i think... yeah but Destroyer call themselves death metal as well...But then again phoenix rising is VERY death metal!

And to sean heheh man AA are my fav band, but i see astriaal is the best bm band! aa arnt bm bitch! EXERCITUS hahhaah yeah man those times were great but ive very much grown out of bm.

i remember when you said that exercitus weren't black metal, hahaha! o_O hey, when are you going to be in melbourne next? where playing a gig (not ex') at the tote with befallen and gospel of the horns in june, you should come along and make up for bailing in sydney last year. going to deeds of flesh?

i reckon sad ex are definately death metal, cos raw and brutal doesn't equal black metal metal. just look at destruktor and abominator, both raw and brutal and both (kinda) death/war metal. my favourite aussie black metal bands are:

astriaal
black bile
notherealm
lord kaos
hellmaggot (RIP)
abyssic hate
darklord
:worship: nazxul (best aussie bm band in my opinion) :worship:
exercitus (i'm not really allowed to put that here tho, hehehehe)

and as for bands that aren't "pure" black metal, but have a touch of blackness, there is:

gospel of the horns
destroyer 666
accursed
destruktor
veil of anguish
abominator
anatomy (RIP)

plus all those many i've forgotten...

nexus polaris said:
Veil of Anguish is a good Black Metal band from down my way... Although, i think they have deserted and a couple of guys play for Befallen
Veil of Anguish are alive and well and will be releasing a four track MCD and 2 track 7" vinyl in limited quantities in the next couple of weeks. We're playing an all ages on the 21st at the Courthouse, and will be doing an overs soon. Befallen will also be performing the night after at the BC.

Cheers

Brad - Befallen / Veil of Anguish