Australian Idol 2005

Lee isn't a great singer, but he never seems out of his league. Even though this genre was Milly's preferred, it doesn't mean she did it justice. I thought she was the worst by far.

Daniel and James both did rather well, but compared to Buble they just don't measure up. Emily and Anne were both great, Kate was solid as always, and as I said, I think Dan was out of the zone. He really needs to hit a touchdown soon (which he is capable of doing), or he might slip away from being a contender.

ceydn said:
I think Lee is shit and proved it tonight (last night). Why don't the judges get on his ass about not being able to sing?

I could go up there and sing really badly and still entertain everyone - doesn't make me worthy of being in a singing competition does it?

I don't know. Depends on what they are looking for. Obviously this isn't just a singing competition. If it were, they wouldn't worry about looks, personality or entertainment value. Lee played the camera and worked the room like he owned it. I'm sure that if David Lee Roth, Vince Neil or Mick Jagger went in a competition that judged them purely on thier singing ability, they wouldn't do very well either.

Just thinking about it.... what if Lee is in the final 2 (which he has an excellent chance of doing).... Will they make him sing the standard successor to Angels Bought Me Here/Listen to your Heart??

They will surely have to have a more upbeat song for this year incase he is there. It would just be an embarrassment to have him singing that style of song.

Hopefully they won't have to worry about that.

Chanel Cole's album came out last week - not really a solo album, more a collaboration with fellow finalist and bed partner Daniel Belle and writers/producers/musicians/thingos Statler & Waldorf. The band is called Spook. It's quite good - nothing like you would expect from an Idol person. Kinda... I dunno. Mellow techno stuff. Dunno how you would categorize it.

So yeah.

Yeah. Sounds a bit like the one Portishead song I've heard. :)

It's good to see a finalist take their time step away from the Idol mould and release an album which is just like all the other Idol contestant albums. Word is, though, that Triple J is refusing to promote the album because of the Idol link, which I don't think is terribly fair, but there you go. And I bet they won't mention it at all on Idol any time soon, but then again maybe they'll surprise me.

Responding to Gorey a page back, I think it's unfair to call Daniel merely an impersonator. He's got a very original voice and sound and you can pick him singing when you hear it.

When he sang AC/DC he definately did it in his own style and I haven't heard him try and change his voice for any song.

The CD is most likely in the Dance section at your CD store, Gore. Are you metal enough to venture into that dark pit of angst and unpleasantness??

Or you could just go to the "new" section, it's number 28 or something on the HMV charts so you could just get it from that shelf. :)

I heard it on Inside Idol.

First thing I thought was "Generic"

second thing I thought was: "better than any other Idol song I have heard"