Australian Idol 2005

I didn't mind Daniel. I like it when it was working... he fucked up major with that note though. He can't sing falsetto.

I thought Dan was rather weak actually, compared to previous performances.

There's a Daniel Spillane website (http://danspillaneonline.vze.com/) now which looks like it's run by his family. His favourite bands are listed as being:

Steely Dan, Dream Theater, King’s X, John Mayer, Ozimati, Soundgarden, Led Zepellin, Tommy & Phil Emmanuel, Prince, Michael Jackson, Van Morrison

Oh yeah, and he's apparently doing "TNT" by Acca Dacca this Sunday. Interesting.

Five people are doing Queen songs this Sunday. Crikey. And one AC/DC, one Silverchair, one U2, one The Police and one other one that I can't remember.

What actually constitutes a 'supergroup'?
5 Queen songs? Jesus. I hate people.
I love Queen, don't get me wrong..... it's just like lat years Beatles show how most of them found it so hard cause they weren't familar with any Beatles songs.

I think "supergroup" might just cover it for those contestants who don't like rock. Like how they have the same night for "R&B/Soul" nights, where you can sing soul songs if you absolutely detest R&B like normal people do.

Oh yeah, and James is doing Layla - the proper version, not the acoustic one. Wonder how that will play to people who only know the latter.

I thought she was OK. Nothing special.

It'll be either Laura or James going. Emily surprised me - I was expecting Bohemian Rhapsody to receive an awful arrangement but it actually worked really well, and she did a top job of it.

Nah... I reckon he would have had a big hand in the arrangement of it. He did say that he has been doing it with his band for years.

I thought he was the best.... Not vocally as the judges said... but was the easiest to watch no doubt.

If he released that version of that song tomorrow, it would go to number 1 on the charts... Which I know doesn't hold much cred here, but for a contestant on Oz Idol, thats what its all about