Australian Idol 2005

I think Emily's voice was too generic. I had the feeling that that Maori dude ages back named Joe had the chance to sing damn good in the upper range with power but when he sung Always it wasn't that great. I remember hearing him on Inside Idol and he was doing these big screams and sounded cool. Meh I guess there is some good singers left in the top 12.

Yeh but dude sometimes you gotta see that the guy if full of shit. I mean he can be funny but as a guy to talk to always he would get fucking irritating. I remember some guy sung who I thought was decent and he goes you realise you will have to cut your hair and become a Linkin Park style guy, At that moment I was cringing.

My detailed thoughts on each performance tonight (probably not in order):

Tarni - meh
Laura - surprisingly OK
Daniel - v. good, ie didn't screw up a CLASSIC song (Tucker's Daughter)
Roxane - OK
Kate - OK
Lee - awful. He must go ASAP.
Chris - equally awful. He too must go ASAP
Anne - she ain't all that
Natalie - neither is she
Emily - OK
James - OK, better than I expected
Dan - v. good
Milly - v. good

So yeah. I should be a judge, damn it.

DougieHammett said:
Yeh but dude sometimes you gotta see that the guy if full of shit. I mean he can be funny but as a guy to talk to always he would get fucking irritating. I remember some guy sung who I thought was decent and he goes you realise you will have to cut your hair and become a Linkin Park style guy, At that moment I was cringing.

I don't like Kyle at all. I think he's a prat. But he does know what sells records in Australia, and this competition is about developing an act that will sell records. So when he says, "You'll need to lose weight, cut your hair and start singing pop" he's right.

Daniel was the best I saw tonight. I didn't see Dan coz I had to leave for work. Laura was pretty good. Tarni should stop using that annoying twangy voice thing that she does. Why do "rock chicks" think they need to sing like that?

The Dan's were the best. Emily was good, Kate was good and so was Natalie.

Chris really fucked up tonight. That was awful... he's merely an impersonator and this time it didn't work out.

Lee can't sing. Why is he there? And he's not going to go either... which sucks.

Dan is definately the best, followed by Daniel. Daniel was very strong tonight. But Dan really did steal it at the end. He sounds so comfortable, yet powerful while singing, I love it.

Well maybe we're talking about different bits, but I did notice him change a few words, especially the "I will kiss you in all those places" - que?? But I didn't notice him screw up royally.

I don't like Khe Sahn much, so I don't know the lyrics. *blush* I'm not the most Australian, I guess.

But yeah, I'm all for the four places. Paul McDermott shat on Chris's ass. If he wants to know how to sing the song, he should've listened to Paul.

And THE HOLY GRAIL is the worst song ever written. I hate it with all my body. I went to school with family of that Mark guy who wrote it and I let them know about it, oh did I.

edit: four, five, they're all places.

The funny thing is that I remember on Inside Idol last week where Chris actually sung the "four places" bit and John Foreman was talking about it and wondering what the places were, and said one of the might have been Tasmania. :lol:

yeah, Tarni didn't sing that song well at all and I'm glad Chris went. He wasn't very good.

I can't believe Lee is still three. Well, I can. He can't sing, but he has pink hair.

Of course he is there. The teenage girls would love him.

I didn't see anything from this week, but I rather liked both Chris and Tarni from previous performances.

That is funny though, just over two weeks ago, Chris was regarded favourite to win, then he moved to second after Dan's awesome performance, and now he is gone.