Australian Idol 2005

Who is to say Leah won't be a wildcard? There will be 10 on the show, and only picked three from this week (so far), indicating at least three will be picked from past weeks as well, but not necessarily, as they weren't as good. I would be surprised if she wasn't still put in the wildcard show.

Lauren surprised me as well, as Leah was far more interesting.

I am not surprised Lee made it, look at the demographic which he appeals to, and where a large amount of votes are coming in from. He did what he did well.

I too think Roxane will be a wildcard. Not sure who else though. And I am glad James was, I think he did great this week.

KoichCPA said:
I hate women who sing with big trills and then the low tones and such, like that midget chick in the dress that looked shithouse. It makes them sound retarded, you don't hear Beth Gibbons doing it, do ya? I just hate the vocal style, if you aren't black, don't fucking do it. Your arse isn't big enough to carry the notes.

Also, that fag who sung the bon jovi song was so shithouse it wasn't funny. What the fuck was going on with him? It was like Robert Smith had a child with Billy Corgan and the result was a tonedeaf,generic goth kid. What the fuck are these people thinking?

It's called people mistaking 'shit voice' for 'unique voice'

Blitzkrieg said:
OK, so I am surprised. Those ten wildcards could have been far better. Lindsay (Paul Stanley wannabe) has really done nothing for me as of yet.

I hope James and Emily get through, not sure who else I would want.

James, Roxy and Dan Spillane. They're who I want through.

Lindsay... please don't sing Bed of Roses. It is obvious you have fluked it this far, please do not ruin a classic. HOW BAD DID HE SOUND in rehearsals? ARGH.

New rule: No ruining Bon Jovi on Aussie Idol.

ceydn said:
James, Roxy and Dan Spillane. They're who I want through.

Lindsay... please don't sing Bed of Roses. It is obvious you have fluked it this far, please do not ruin a classic. HOW BAD DID HE SOUND in rehearsals? ARGH.

New rule: No ruining Bon Jovi on Aussie Idol.

That's not a new rule it has been my rule right from the beginning!
So far everyone has failed.

Lindsay surprised the fuck out of me. I expected it to be awful, but I quite liked it actually.

Roxxy at the moment is killing Eric Carmen :(

I love this song, but not right now. Only males should sing this song. New rule. P.S It was in that list that someone posted in the other "Top Ballads" thread.

The best ones were:

Dan
Lindsay
Laurie
Michael

The rest were OK to meh. I can't believe the judges dissed Laurie for singing an old song, and when Marcia was speaking it was like a carbon copy of every time she said something to Chanel last year.

yeah, I couldn't believe how harsh they were on Michael.

I expect Dan, the summona guy and either Lauren, Lindsay or Michael to get through. I hope that its three guys, Dan, Summona guy and Lindsay. Lindsay really did surprise me. I wanna see what else he can do... I reckon with a lot, lot, lot more practice, he could be a power metal singer.

That was Josh. Awful. How does putting a rap into a song make it your own? It's still just someone else's song with a rap in it.

Roxane will definitely go through, and I think Dan will as well... but the third one will be a shockeroo.

Last night was the first night I watched, and if this is "the best of the rest", then I'm not holding high hopes at all. The best last night was the one that sang the "old" song (Laurie) and the last guy who faded at the end. The rest were shit. SHIT!

I haven't posted here in a while, but then the thought occured to me that Spiff might have a new AI thread going on, so here I am, LOL.

Man, if you'd told me that last night's show was the bottom of the barrel, I would have believed it. There really was some shite in da house among a few almost solid performances. The singing teacher girl (sorry, forgot the name. She did "simply the best in the show before this) is so exaggerated in her delivery it aint funny. If you want your kids singing in shopping centres for their whole careers, send them to her for lessons!

Bed of Nails? More like nails on the chalkboard! I hope there is some creme among the crop.

Most set up thing ever.

OH MY GOD WHO IS THAT GUY TALKING TO THE JUDGES? WHAT ARE THEY DISCUSSING DURING DAN'S PERFORMANCE? OMG OMG OMG COULD IT BE?!?!

At least four deserving people got through. Although Emily just shits me as a person.