Australian Idol 2005

Lee got a touchdown? (I didn't see the whole show)

Not that I ever though the show had credibility, that's just stupid. First and foremost, the show is a singing competition - if they wanted someone who could only entertain without needing much of a voice, they should've created a different show and whacked Lee on that.

Sad to see James go - I like his voice.

Then why don't they let more people through who can't sing that well? If they're solely after an entertainer - why do they only let people through based on their singing ability (why they let Lee through the first round is beyond me)?

I just think it's silly - I could make punk songs out of 'classics' easily in my bedroom and it's not like Lee is the sole hand behind the arrangements. He probably just says every week "lets punk it up!". It pisses me off because Lee doesn't actually have any talent.

My pick for bottom three was James, then Daniel, then Kate. I am not surprised it was Emily though, because in a way I think Emily and Anne are competing with each other, and if a week goes by when one is clearly better than the other, they will steel their votes. I think this is what happened to Daniel Bell last year, he was booted the week that Anthony sang The Prayer, and he stole all his votes.
Next week Emily will be safe as people will be voting for her to make her safe...perhaps it will be Anne that suffers.

If voting was free, I would be voting for everyone except those that I don't like each week, rather than just the one or ones I thought were best.

On the note of Anthony, I am actually happy with the songs he releases now in Italian with the more Andrea Bocelli kinda feel to them his voice is really good for that. I hated his singing on those gay funky ones he always tried singing on idol :S

I don't watch the show, but caught the guy that is a wanna be pop-punk fuckwad, I actually liked the version of Eye of the tiger he one, I don't think that drummer ever had to play like that before....maybe he should do a few ol' thrash songs or something

On the "Up Close and Personal" show on Friday night (where they get to sing songs without the judges) Dan England is doing "Rooster" by Alice In Chains, and our good buddy Lee is doing "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots. Intriguing.

Kate was easily the weakest link tonight. The others were all great.

Dan was probably my favourite. A shame he didn't do that under a judged performance, he finally showed some of the emotion Mark has been talking about, and didn't look awkward like he usually does, as he was sitting down.

Daniel was probably the best he has been thus far. Emily was one of the best, her and Anne were great as usual. Lee proved he can sing and did well, but I am worried he might ruin that achievement by singing Ben on Sunday night.

Spillane is doing "Cold As Ice" this week. That should SO rule, hopefully. Lee is doing "My Sharona". That should be interesting. Emily is doing some song that I can't remember, Kate is doing "Lady Marmalade", Dan England is doing "Desperado".

Mediocrity, thy name is Australian Idol 2005. A shame, that.