Australian Idol 2005

Goreripper said:
A lot of it was an argument about Lee, part of which was me berating Ceydn for being a musical snob. Doesn't matter now. Anyway, Lee should have gone. Spillane finally impressed me too.

I also had retort of the year in here ;)

But yeah, Daniel singing Cold as Ice makes me shit my pants so hard. Oh man YES. Foreigner for the win.

Dan singing Desperado? Could get him back in my good books, that's an interesting choice for sure... if it works it'll really work, if it doesn't, he'll get shot down for being boring I reckon.

ceydn said:
I also had retort of the year in here ;)

But yeah, Daniel singing Cold as Ice makes me shit my pants so hard. Oh man YES. Foreigner for the win.

Dan singing Desperado? Could get him back in my good books, that's an interesting choice for sure... if it works it'll really work, if it doesn't, he'll get shot down for being boring I reckon.

:lol: I wanted to see what your response was, but Deron shut down the site for a week without telling anyone first.

You must be excited if you're back to pants-shitting!

I think Kate should go. She is the only one who hasn't delivered anything special, and while I like her, someone has to be next. If not Kate, it should be Lee. I would like to see Kate a little longer to see if she can pull out the touchdown she is capable of, but if she hasn't done it by now, it is her own fault.

Neither have ever been bottom three though, so chances of either going aren't great. I think it may be the end of the line for Daniel, which is a shame, because he has been great with his last 3 performances at least.

Dan did steal the show I reckon, he really fucking hit it home with Desperado. Good to see him get a touchdown. Spillane was very solid as well, got a massive stiffy when he was hitting the big notes.

Speaking of big notes, Emily hit a few and got herself another touchdown. While she was good for the most of it - I thought her start was borderline woeful. It just sounded all wrong dynamically.

Lee was the best I've seen him yet - although he only sang half the time. The rest was him just dancing around to the music. I still think he should go, just because he hasn't done anything at all that makes him deserving of being there in my eyes and even though it was his best performance yet, the other four are much more entertaining to me.

I really enjoyed Kate tonight, cringed when she fucked up though.

Lee was the best tonight. Kate was dodgy, but at least she didn't expose her armpit this week. Dan S. was really quite good. Emily was good, but nothing great. Ditto Dan England.

With Kate she doesn't deserve to go she showed that she is a top performer.She could hardly speak yet she got up there and did a good job she tried her hardest.May not have hit the higher notes but she did good.
Daniel was boring.
Lee did a bang up job
Emily was brilliant from start to finish
Dan was fantastic

Kate won't sell records if she wins.
It will be Casey Donovan all over again.
Yes, she can sing... but who would actually buy her stuff?
She has no originality.. no great personality.... Bah, fuck her.

The only ones I can see being succesful after the show are Lee, Dan and Emily.

Can someone name the last female Australian-based singer who has shown any longevity? Note I said "Australian-based", so Kylie doesn't count. And Tina Arena only releases an album every ten years or so.

does Natalie Imbruglia count?

And I completely disagree Spruce... I think Daniel and Kate are the ones with the personalities to go well. They're the most confident and actually seem like they could do this for a living, whereas the likes of Emily cries every time she sings... it's bloody irritating. Along with her constant bad English (When I see you sm.... bad joke), her personality is the hardest to watch on TV. Voice or no voice, she's bloody annoying.

In all the little tidbits between singing, Daniel is hella confident. He also seems like an awesome bloke. He used to lack confidence on stage, but I'm sure he's over that now. Last night I thought he went awesome doing the 'icy' stage presence of the song.

I know that sounded gay, but I'm sticking with it.

I wasn't a Daniel fan at all until recently. After watching the replay today, he was really great last night, and has found a new confidence that is helping him immensely. It will be a real shame if he leaves this week. I think Mark just didn't "get" the stage presence that Daniel was portraying last night, and if he had have "got it", he would have given a touchdown.

Daniel, Emily and Dan were all great last night. Although as good as Emily was, I think she could have had a break from the touchdowns for one week. It wasn't as good as her last two, and giving them out so often devalues it.

Lee was Lee, take it or leave it.

Kate showed no spark. I agreed with Mark completely, she can sing, but still lacks. Bling but no zing was a great way to put it. I hope she goes, but I don't see it at this stage.