Australian Idol 2005

Ironic that on his last performance, he put in the best one of the series so far. He absolutely PWNED Cold as Ice tonight. I mean seriously, I've never shit my pants so hard in Aussie Idol. That was right up there with Daniel Hamill's I just whispered your name from Popstars Live.

Really a shame. Here is my prediction:

Emily!

Bet you didn't see that coming.

And whoever (I think it was Spruce) said that Daniel has no confidence, did you see him tonight? I've never seen anyone on the show more confident than him tonight. Fucking top bloke. I'd buy a CD if he put one out - as he does have a fucking EXCELLENT taste in music.

They're always quite good once they've been eliminated. Sometimes their best performances are after they've been booted - no pressure and stuff.

Yeah, as Spiff said, they often perform better when the pressure is off, and I guess that was more relevant with Daniel than anyone else, as his main hurdle up until about two or three weeks ago was confidence. His performance on Sunday was really great, his performance last night was fantastic. If he sang that way on Sunday, he would have touchdowned, and would probably be still in it.

Dan's Hound Dog absolutely blew me away. WOW.

That's all I have to say - I was mainly watching that Comic Relief thing. Which was shit, but had some of the funniest things ever in it. Bud Tingwell covering Computer Games by Misex = WIN so bad.

Kate will go. Lee should go, but I think Jailhouse Rock saved him. He was awful during Teddy Bear.

Dan - meh. Nowt special.

Emily - quite good.

Teddy Bear Blew.
Emily is a show pony who never holds a melody.
Dan rocks although I liked Heartbreak Hotel more than Hound Dog.
Kate's big notes aren't even that high and she has too much unintentional husk.

Winner should be Dan.
Winner will be Emily.

Dan was best last night. He rocks. I think if he loosened up more and just rocked out he would do even better. He seems to be getting a little more comfortable each week though, so hopefully we see him rock before it is over.

Judges comments about Emily were right this week, she didn't show any emotion (especially compared to past performances) and wasn't in the pocket at all. It was the first time that has happened though, so I guess she just had a bad week.

Lee was Lee, take it or leave it. It is becoming more apparent each week that what we see him do is all he does...he doesn't deliver a whole lot else.

Kate's second performance was the best she has done in the whole competition, and I was very surprised that the judges didn't give her a whole lot more praise. It may have been the difference between her staying or going this week if they had have.

how much did Emily absolutely slaughter "Can't help falling in love with you" ?

I mean seriously. I couldn't even tell what the original melody for the song was. Up and down and up and down... wow you can make your voice wobble and then what happens? You guessed it, her favourite party trick - I'M GONNA HIT A BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTE.

*shakes head*

She's so damn BORING. I find it hard to watch. I love that song and she ruined it to the maxx. Much like Anthony Callea ruined Bridge over Troubled Water with his stupid bouncey vocals. Wow, you know how to do it, we know that - just sing the fucking melody.

I think part of the reason Dan hasn't loosened up is because he's so used to performing live with a guitar and finds it awkward without one. That's what he said in an interview a few weeks back, anyway. Makes sense.

I still say (like I said in one of the deleted posts) that when they get down to the last 3-5 of them, instead of getting them to sing 2 short songs and packing the rest of the show with filler, make it an "Idols Choice" show and give 'em each 20 minutes and let them put on a show. Stage banter, maybe 4 or 5 songs, *fireworks*, the whole box and dice. That'd sort 'em out.