Australian Idol 2005

If you people like this guy so much then it shouldn't matter that he's been booted. It means he won't be made to release a pre-recorded album in complete contrast to whatever his style is.

If he is truly good enough he will get picked up. If not, then he will disappear into musical oblivion like all bar probably 4 or something from the series since it's inception. (Give it a few years, they'll be on the 'where are they now?' lists of one hit wonders)

I saw an episode the other week. There was a guy in the crowd who was a contestant a year ago or something saying he's releasing a cd. Everyone watching would've said to themselves "Oh, I remember that guy", despite the short period of time he's been off people's television.

Even if these singers do get popular and sell a decent amount of records, which is basically the point anyway, they will never have true credibility in the industry. They will forever be laughed at. Kelly Clarkson will forever be stuck with the title of "American Idol winner". Any of these people who don't win but make a few records (or should I say mp3's the way the world is going) will forever be tagged "former Australian Idol contestant" which is why people will never take them seriously.

On the last MTV music awards, Kelly Clarkson wiped the floor with Mariah Carey and handed her arse back to her in a doggy bag. Mariah Carey is the most successful female artist of all time, so for anyone to out perform her the way Kelly Clarkson did is quite the achievement.

The music industry is full of no talent flashes in the pan, like Ashlee Simpson or whoever, and some of the people who come from Idol are better than that.

I could probably just as passionately argue your point as well, depending on my mood. :)

Dan wasn't good so I am glad he is gone.

I like Kate a bit. Emily can sing well but she's boring. Lee is entertaining but he isn't a great singer.

Daniel Spillaine was best.

I semi lost interest when Spillane left and now I don't care about it anymore.

I hope Kate wins though - Emily annoys the hell out of me and we all know where I stand on Lee. (his face LolOLOL!)

True dat. Unfortunately, people will just say to him, "Well, give Queensland daylight savings!", which he won't do.

A question I've often asked without a satisfactory answer - why do we have daylight savings in summer? Wouldn't it make more sense in winter?

Dougie, just a tip: Don't have an avatar of yourself when you have hair like that on this forum.

It really brings back memories of Terry.

*shudders*