Ayreon

You should get Seasons End if you haven't got that one, that's their best.

And symphonyxjapan, you're a massive fanboy and you don't have to argue your points cuz it's like you're going berserk with blank bullets. Also, you don't have to be ashamed to say you download music, even from your favorite band. I'm downloading 10101010 whatever as I type.

I dunno how zachs gonna react but I actually thought Moonsorrow were kind of boring. They are good and I see their qualities, I love long songs that build up, and I enjoy viking metal but I just think they are kinda boring. Could be that I need to listen to them some more.

Wow, we've got the retard of the century right here! First off, you either haven't read anything I have said or your just spouting off immature BS. Second, I don't know how you can not only assume I downloaded 01011001, but also assume that I am ashamed of downloading it. I stated earlier that I was going to download it when it leaked. I couldn't find it leaked anywhere at the time, however, a friend of mine had gotten a promo copy so I just burned a copy from him.

@kenneth- You're still just putting words in my mouth that were never there; but its alright, as long as it makes you look cool on the almighty Internet! :/

Well I read for example
Ayreon lyrics are a little cheesy but that is kind of the purpose, Ayreon albums are really more for "fun" and not meant to enlighten the world to the ultimate truth of the universe.
and that's making assumptions just to defend Arjen from whatever people are criticizing him for. Therefore the comment regarding you shooting blank bullets when you try to defend the band from criticism.

You never said you burned a copy from your friend. Only that you had listened to it, which made it sound as if you'd have been at your friends house listening to it or something, which is a classic "nooo I didn't download it" excuse. Some people on these boards used it for Paradise Lost. Well I'm sorry I guess I was mistaken then.

Well I read for example and that's making assumptions just to defend Arjen from whatever people are criticizing him for. Therefore the comment regarding you shooting blank bullets when you try to defend the band from criticism.

You never said you burned a copy from your friend. Only that you had listened to it, which made it sound as if you'd have been at your friends house listening to it or something, which is a classic "nooo I didn't download it" excuse. Some people on these boards used it for Paradise Lost. Well I'm sorry I guess I was mistaken then.

That doesn't make me a "fanboy" or mean I am trying to defend Arjen or anything though? Some people don't like Ayreon because of the lyrics while others do. Then there are those that don't care for the lyrics, however, they listen to Ayreon anyway because they enjoy the music and vocalists. Whichever of those fits you is fine. Whether you like the lyrics or not it doesn't change the fact that Arjen has most of his influence from old cheesy sci-fi movies so that comment I made was just me stating why a lot of his lyrics are cheesy. This in turn allows me to question why some expect there not to be cheesy lyrics in an Ayreon release? That was all I was saying.

On the next note here, why would I try to hide if I downloaded it if I already said in a previous post that I was going to download it and buy it when it comes out?

p.s. This thread HAS gotten a little crazy...

Also, Arjen shouldn't attempt concepts like those he does if his only goal is to make fun cheesy albums.

But its just a different "style" of storytelling. If you don't like it then fine, that doesn't mean Arjen shouldn't make concept albums that way? Seriously, I am not trying to be an ass here. I really believe Ayreon has more in common with a musical production than anything. In my opinion musicals are just as cheesy if not more than an Ayreon story. I just happen to enjoy Ayreon because the biggest focus is the music. I also enjoy Ayreon's subject matter more than that of a musical, even if the lyrics are blunt. That would be another similarity between the two as well; the lyrics in a musical are very much blunt and to the point too.

A rock opera is basically a musical with no visual aspect and a higher emphasis on music. That's cool if you don't like it but you don't have the right to say that Arjen has no business making a concept album just because his style is different from what you prefer. That is not really me trying to defend Arjen; but rather, the integrity of those who do enjoy Ayreon and/or its style of a concept album. Just because I care about this matter does not mean I am a huge Ayreon fanboy.

:lol: OMG... you guys are embarrassing me. I feel like I'm in the middle of a teenage drama fest. I will say however that I had no problems understanding points given that everyone seems to be struggling with.......... :lol:

----------------------------------------

After listening to a few of the Ayreon songs (not this new album) I have last night I decided what I dont like about what I heard. Too much emphisis on keyboards, even though the mood setting that they are designed around is OK, they are way too long. Also the keyboard solos I heard were pretty lame. I heard some excellent expressive guitar work that I liked alot. A few decent riffs here and there. I did see the point brought up about the vocalists singing roles as if in a theater play so that is a different lyrical approach. Yes.... he really drags things out and would have better work if it was more condensed.

It's okay. I am tired of arguing. No matter what it is just going to keep going around in a circle so I am just going to drop it. So, back to another topic...

I am a little confused as to why so many are saying that the new album is too long. I am not sure if all the complaints on this issue are just from those who don't really like Ayreon. It is really quite short, ItEC and THE were much longer really. I think most people who listen to Ayreon are going to think 01011001 is too short. I cannot really make a statement on the matter myself because I do not have the lyrics to sit down and listen to it with in order to see if the story is dragged on too long. I personally think THE's story was dragged out a little too much.

my god... he's still complianing? yes, they don't like it and they are critisizing it.... GET OVER IT! you deffend yourself for pages now with heaping paragraphs of "all-fired-up" arguments: and then you critisize zach for trying to look cool on the "almighty internet". and it was in that very sentence that you lost my sympathy in this argument. you ause him of doing something and then do that thing in the very same sentence!!!

LET IT DIE MAN!!!!

so anyway... yes it is on his myspace but i spend very little time at home. i want that song in my car...

my god... he's still complianing? yes, they don't like it and they are critisizing it.... GET OVER IT! you deffend yourself for pages now with heaping paragraphs of "all-fired-up" arguments: and then you critisize zach for trying to look cool on the "almighty internet". and it was in that very sentence that you lost my sympathy in this argument. you ause him of doing something and then do that thing in the very same sentence!!!

LET IT DIE MAN!!!!

so anyway... yes it is on his myspace but i spend very little time at home. i want that song in my car...

?.....okay...

Sorry -zach- for criticizing you. Although I just could have swore it was kenneth that I said that too....hmmmm? I also could have swore that I just stated I was dropping the matter however this guy decides to start badgering me.

Nah, i don't think he was criticising me for looking cool on teh "almighty internet". I think that was directed at Ken. I think.... i've been mostly out of this arguement (for once). :lol:

here's what it boils down to in my eyes, and i'm trying to be as unbiased here as i can:

SXJ has his oppinion on the band. Others are putting words in his mouth or twisting his own words around into shit he didn't say. He's getting irritated and defending himself. Razoredge is watching from the sidelines sort of. Everyone else is being qutie choosy on what they see is being said, ignoring SXJ in many spots and nitpicking on a few minor sentences while missing the big picture.

Y'know guys, i've been watchign a lot of Bill O'Reilly clips on youtube lately and certain folks are acting like Bill: They hear what they want to hear, single out miniscule (and unimportant) key phrases that really have no relevance to the topic at hand, then they "call the other person out" and deem themselves "right" because they had the "wittiest" comeback.

SXJ: Let it go, you have an oppinion and that's cool. Just 'cause other people are being dicks about it doesn't mean you ahve to give them the time of day.

Ken: You're wrong on this one. Your arguements are bullshit. Stop it. Stick to valid points, not "i say the lyrics suck so they do and you're a fanboi for saying otherwise omg ur taste in music sucks i like GRRM".

Phanto: The cd copying arguement sucked dude. No.

Doomsdayzach: Stop trying to cause a fuss then get all surprised when things get out of hand.

Razoredge: Stop being like 30 fuckin' years older than everyone else :lol:

Goddamnit guys, i'm done.

Nah, i don't think he was criticising me for looking cool on teh "almighty internet". I think that was directed at Ken. I think.... i've been mostly out of this arguement (for once). :lol:

here's what it boils down to in my eyes, and i'm trying to be as unbiased here as i can:

SXJ has his oppinion on the band. Others are putting words in his mouth or twisting his own words around into shit he didn't say. He's getting irritated and defending himself. Razoredge is watching from the sidelines sort of. Everyone else is being qutie choosy on what they see is being said, ignoring SXJ in many spots and nitpicking on a few minor sentences while missing the big picture.

Y'know guys, i've been watchign a lot of Bill O'Reilly clips on youtube lately and certain folks are acting like Bill: They hear what they want to hear, single out miniscule (and unimportant) key phrases that really have no relevance to the topic at hand, then they "call the other person out" and deem themselves "right" because they had the "wittiest" comeback.

SXJ: Let it go, you have an oppinion and that's cool. Just 'cause other people are being dicks about it doesn't mean you ahve to give them the time of day.

Ken: You're wrong on this one. Your arguements are bullshit. Stop it. Stick to valid points, not "i say the lyrics suck so they do and you're a fanboi for saying otherwise omg ur taste in music sucks i like GRRM".

Phanto: The cd copying arguement sucked dude. No.

Doomsdayzach: Stop trying to cause a fuss then get all surprised when things get out of hand.

Razoredge: Stop being like 30 fuckin' years older than everyone else :lol:

Goddamnit guys, i'm done.

:worship:

and Zero Hour fails:kickass:

crap... that was Ken.... man, it's been a long day. i shouldn't post for the rest of the night.:lol: good night everyone! see you tomorrow.

But its just a different "style" of storytelling. If you don't like it then fine, that doesn't mean Arjen shouldn't make concept albums that way? Seriously, I am not trying to be an ass here. I really believe Ayreon has more in common with a musical production than anything. In my opinion musicals are just as cheesy if not more than an Ayreon story. I just happen to enjoy Ayreon because the biggest focus is the music. I also enjoy Ayreon's subject matter more than that of a musical, even if the lyrics are blunt. That would be another similarity between the two as well; the lyrics in a musical are very much blunt and to the point too.

A rock opera is basically a musical with no visual aspect and a higher emphasis on music. That's cool if you don't like it but you don't have the right to say that Arjen has no business making a concept album just because his style is different from what you prefer. That is not really me trying to defend Arjen; but rather, the integrity of those who do enjoy Ayreon and/or its style of a concept album. Just because I care about this matter does not mean I am a huge Ayreon fanboy.

you're right. I shouldn't pick on him for writing children's stories. You've probably never heard a decent rock opera in your life. I'm done with this thread and with you buddy. Welcome to my list of douchebags.

Zach, dude you know the lyrics suck. Before I even heard the album you were laughing about how shit they are. BTW, It's Wolfe, not GRRM. GRRM is 2nd. :lol: