Ayreon

"Into the Electric Caslte" is one of my all time favorite albums. I loved it right from the get go, however it will probably be an acquired taste for most folks. Some people either won't give it a chance or it will just not be their thing. "the Final Experiment" is my second favorite album of theirs. I'm one of the few who does not like "The Human Equation" much, but it still gives me goosebumps for some reason.

I love "Stream of Passion" & I would recommend them as an entry into Ayreon personally as they're more straightforward with more emphasis on song than concept.

that reallllly doesn't convince me. neither does all caps

even if you don't like ayreon, you got to admit that Romeo's solo in that song is really good featuring strong sense of melody as well as bit of technical mastery.
I'm getting interested in the album.

progmetalpilgrim: Me neither. That kind of thing is what the "ignore" button is for. I don't see the need to read the same message rehashed a hundred different ways. ;) Man...I love that feature. I wish more forums had it.

Given the fact that I'm not usually a ZOMG!!!111! kind of person, (except with my new Caparison Horus :D ) ummm, surely you would realise that that was slightly tongue in cheek... :p

But it is pretty cool, and is yet another reason why I shall definately be buying the new album as soon as it is released... :)

I find Lori Linstruth the more exciting part of the new CD. She kicks ass! The emotion she brings is astounding to me.

Fucking yikes! I just started listening to Stream of Passion again about a week ago & I haven't been able to take it out of my CD player. the girl gives me goosebumps. That has to be in my top 25 albums of all time. I did not know she played on the new Ayreon!!! This is a great new discovery for me!!! Now I totally can't wait!!!

I'm saving it & I won't be listening to any samples until I get the album.