Bands similar to CoB?

In case it's your first listen to Xanthochroid, I suggest you listen to their first EP. One of the best musical piece I listened to. Here you have my favorite song of the EP. Also, I know more or less the drummer and the guitarist of the band and those guys are amazingly cool, kind and down-to-earth. Really, if you have time, check them out.

Reactions: P4T0U
They did change their orientation a bit knowing that most of their older material are way more metal. This album has many different styles, transitioning between classical, theatrical, metal with specific sets of instruments for each style. Also, the lyrics follow a story (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6hjfj01idk0q44/Of Erthe and Axen Act I Listening Guide.pdf?dl=0) that continues for each song, so the song I linked, being the last on the album, won't make lyrical sense to you but others aren't on YT except the full album.

Really the first and only song i like from Petri (Ensiferum), i still kinda hate him for left Norther. But song kicks ass!

Really the first and only song i like from Petri (Ensiferum), i still kinda hate him for left Norther. But song kicks ass!

You haven't heard? He was kicked from Norther by the other band members. There's a video from IIRC Tuska where he talks about it. He didn't want to leave the band.

Personally my favorite Ensiferum albums (Victory Songs and From Afar) were made with Petri but the last three albums have all had such a horrible production that I'm finding it hard to enjoy them.

Oh really? I thought he left the Band cause he spent most of the time with his 2nd Project Ensiferum and yeah...kinda was kicked then...

Oh really? I thought he left the Band cause he spent most of the time with his 2nd Project Ensiferum and yeah...kinda was kicked then...
Wasn't too far then as the reason he was kicked from the band was spending too much time in Ensiferum AFAIK. Anyway, I merely wanted to point out that he didn't leave the band himself :)

Older Song, but these Scandinavian People are kickin' Ass :D
Also the Singer has an awsome voice to Switch between Shout/Growl and Clean.

Somewhat similar to SW / HB era COB perhaps. Haven't listened to them a whole lot but this particular song at least is pretty good.

Older Song, but these Scandinavian People are kickin' Ass :D
Also the Singer has an awsome voice to Switch between Shout/Growl and Clean.

it's Christian Älvestam, often regarded as one of the best at doing that. I don't like his clean singing voice, too mellow and mainstream sounding for me, but his growls are out of this world. He's most known as a former Scar Symmetry singer.

Someone mentioned that their Guitarist has does some COB covers? Does anyone know something?
Btw aweseome Band :D

These Finnish bands have nice ideas and melodies, but why do they always have bad sound? I mean, the production kind of always imitates pop sounds without the Hollywood equipment. Guitars are always too muffled and drums sound like being typed on keyboard...

These Finnish bands have nice ideas and melodies, but why do they always have bad sound? I mean, the production kind of always imitates pop sounds without the Hollywood equipment. Guitars are always too muffled and drums sound like being typed on keyboard...
Mind giving any examples of this vs how it should be done?

Mind giving any examples of this vs how it should be done?

Well, I can try. I mean, I don't wanna sound bitter, I just think last three Bodom albums went downhill with production, so even the good songs on the albums sound bad. Their last good sound was on Blooddrunk, because it had a METAL production, and for me, COB is a METAL band primarily. A lot of these new bands from that scene follow the same pattern in producing their albums, and I dislike it. To me, it sounds so weak and muffled, like they were recording a trio of drummer, chick singing and acoustic guitar :rofl: now let me try to post few bands, some familiar, some unknown, who nailed the production being METAL:

Rather unknown Slovakian band

Decapitated

Then again I can say hey have great production, and also last two Amorphis albums, both done by Jens Bogren in Sweden. Maybe Swedes do it better :rofl:
He also did Opeth, they always have good production, both live and on albums.

I worry for the new album because it will be done like previous two, same gear, same equipment, same guys producing. I don't like this muffled sound.

Maybe someone can help me here. I used to have an album by a band who were Neo-classical metal (very similar/rip off of COB) They had a song called Mirror something something (No not Norther) I've been racking my mind for ages now. I also recall they had a music video in like an old school castle or something. And someone came through the mirror or something.

Maybe someone can help me here. I used to have an album by a band who were Neo-classical metal (very similar/rip off of COB) They had a song called Mirror something something (No not Norther) I've been racking my mind for ages now. I also recall they had a music video in like an old school castle or something. And someone came through the mirror or something.
Good notice there with the Norther :D I would've given you just that. Can't help if it's not them unfortunately.

Good notice there with the Norther :D I would've given you just that. Can't help if it's not them unfortunately.
I’ve just randomly woke up hungover and remembered ‘Archeon’ and the songs called Prayer. Apparently it’s the same Band as Made Of Hate. Thanks anyway dude

I actually though of Made of Hate for a moment, but I only know two songs from them neither of which have Mirror in the title IIRC :D