Bands Similar To vintersorg????

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
Let's spread some musical knowledge here, if anyone wants to hear other bands similar to vintersorg. I know a few, but I'm sure there are more, so let's hear them!!

I'd say Ulver(old) and Borknagar are somewhat similar. THey have their differences for sure, but they are in the same league. Any others?

This band isn't anything like Vintersorg but If you like Ulvers "Kveldsjanger" you will more than likely like Tenhi. The End Records has their album "Kauan" for sale and it is completely worth getting. All acoustic album with Finnish lyrics, beautiful stuff.

Yeah I can pretty much assure you that you will enjoy it, hey we have very similar tastes in music :) plus the album lasts close to an hour. I haven't been able to find anything else by these guys though unless I ordered from Prophecy Productions overseas.

I guess Storm is sort of like Vintersorg in a way. Project band by Fenriz and Satyr, realeased an album of norwegian folk/black called "Nordavind". It's great fun.. good drinking music. Oppi fjellet, oppi fjellet!

Other really good bands who play music similiar to Vintesorgs folklore inspirated metal are Amorphis (finland, check them out!) and Nightwish. If you're up for some more metal then Samael is a great band as well. But im sure you already knew that ;)

>I guess Storm is sort of like Vintersorg in a way. Project band by Fenriz and Satyr, realeased an album of norwegian folk/black called "Nordavind". It's great fun.. good drinking music. Oppi fjellet, oppi fjellet<

Anyone know where to get the Storm album "Nordavind"? I have been searching for this quite a while, but can't find it anywhere!
:cry:
I don't like to compare one band with the other, each has their own style, but I like to recommend some bands: Thyrfing, Evergrey, The Black League, Falconer, Mägo De Oz (spanish)....

How about Hollenthon? I love this band. Not quite Vintersorg, but just as unique.

If you haven't heard them its very hard to describe. They seem to take something from almost every genre, How about calling them epic progressive-black-symphonic-dark-melodic-death-operatic-folk-classical-ethnic-gothic-horror-bombastic-awesomeness metal? :)

Try it any of their two albums, they both slay in the extreme.

Originally posted by Materia
How about Hollenthon? (...)

How about calling them epic progressive-black-symphonic-dark-melodic-death-operatic-folk-classical-ethnic-gothic-horror-bombastic-awesomeness metal? :)

Try it any of their two albums, they both slay in the extreme.

Whoa! You've got ME goin', I'm gonna check them out for sure! hehehe...

Started thinking about norweigan Hel. They're a bit more softer than Vintersorg, not so much for metal. Personally, im not a big fan of Hel, but some of you others might wanna check them out. If you can stand the language, that is ;)