Bands that never dissapointed you

Enslaved, Summoning, Oceansize, King Diamond, Negura Bunget and Deathspell Omega first come to mind... As they pretty much don't have a single bad song, and every release since i got into the bands has been excellent.

Or bands that have and will only ever release one album, like Weakling and Lykathea Aflame. They never will dissapoint. Heh.

Listing bands that have already broken up is cheating. Artists like Glassjaw and Imogen Heap have only put out two albums and may fail eventually ;(

Enslaved is about the only one that comes to mind that's put out quite a few and is still going strong. Dillinger Escape Plan I guess might also count since every album of theirs has been good and have been on a general upward trend since their debut.

I was tempted to say Jethro Tull, But i've never listened to their 80's material. So I haven't been dissapointed yet, as everything up to and including stormwatch, is just excellent.

i'm not saying, every single tull album is equally great. imo rock island is relatively weak and for some reason i don't like minstrel in the gallery that much. but none of their albums is so sub-par that I'ld call it a disappointment.

Opeth
Enslaved
Dredg
Secret Garden
October Falls
Falkenbach
Wolves in the Throne Room
Agalloch

Hendrix, Roy Buchanan, Enslaved, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Amorphis, Esoteric, Mournful Congregation, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Beatles, King Crimson, Negura Bunget, Wolves in the Throne Room, Summoning, Allman Brothers band, Van Morrison, Tom Waits, Dan Swano, Katatonia, Anathema, Drudkh, Gary Moore.

Devin Townsend (constantly high quality and great diversity)
Neurosis (thought The Eye Of Every Storm was weak at first actually, but later got really into it)