Bands that never dissapointed you

Usually I'd agree, but after giving Grace Under Pressure a couple of deep listens...... It isn't as good as other albums. Not really a disappointment by itself, but, compared to others, a disappointment.
I really like Grace Under Pressure. The only moderately questionable Rush album for me is Hold Your Fire, and even then Force Ten and Time Stand Still make it worth listening to.

Opeth never disappointed you? They're my favorite band EVER, and I think they're the most interesting thing happening in music right now, but like.............. TGC music video rules them out. Don't tell me you weren't a little bit disappointed. Hell, OPETH was disappointed with their own video.

I don't think Dethklok ever disappointed me.

Opeth never disappointed you? They're my favorite band EVER, and I think they're the most interesting thing happening in music right now, but like.............. TGC music video rules them out. Don't tell me you weren't a little bit disappointed. Hell, OPETH was disappointed with their own video.

I don't think Dethklok ever disappointed me.

Lol, I forgot about that video, anyway I was talking only musically.

And christ, how come nobody is mentioning Nick Drake?

tribal tech, john coltrane, maudlin of the well, allan holdsworth, mike stern, john scofield, opeth, andy mckee, pino forastieri and PACO PACO PACO.

id love to say miles but honestly i just cant. hes such a disappointment

Porcupine Tree, Rush, Opeth, Andy Timmons, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Agalloch, Shawn Lane, Frank Zappa and Aquarium Rescue Unit are the only ones that spring to mind that have really never left me thinking "Meh... these guys are better than this" at least once in their careers. This leaves out some of my all-time favorite bands/artists, too.

The great jazz icons being another notable exception. (Wes, Miles, Thelonious, 'Trane, Bird, The Duke [Ellis Marsalis], etc.) Those cats were pretty much all gold, all the time.

Heaps of artists haven't disappointed me, there are plenty of artists where I like or love all of their discography, but I'll name a few Opeth, Ulver, Radiohead, Dso, Alcest, Negura Bunget, Earthless, GY!BE, Esoteric, Eluvium, Isis, Neurosis, 16HP/Woven hand, Ane Brun, Cult of Luna, Mono, Paatos, Portishead, Sigur Ros, Wittr, Iron & Wine and Enslaved.