Bands who should be at ProgPower 14...

I must preface this by saying how grateful I am for so many incredible line-ups Glen has already done, so that this is NOT in ANY WAY taken as a critique for what he has put together or will put together in the future.

THIS! :kickass:

I will always hope and pray that Avantasia could be a possibility, and I know it's a logistical and financial nightmare, but maybe by having all of the guest musicians bands playing the fest?

Andre Matos solo or the reunited Viper
Jorn
Trillium (Amanda Somerville
Unisonic (Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske)
Edguy (Felix and of course Tobi!)

Myrath
Aska
Anubis Gate
Eumeria
Trillium
Triosphere
Cloudscape
Imminent Sonic Destruction
Pagan's Mind

Predictions, rather than wishlist:

Thursday night - Evergrey come back and, in attempt to top their prior sets, play every song they've ever recorded, twice - both normal and acoustic arrangements - along with not just a string quartet, but the entire Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
Friday night's headliner - GWAR, with a special stage show in which they mess with effigies of the members of Arcturus instead of their usual schtick.
Saturday night's headliner - Ronnie James Dio + Cliff Burton + Chuck Schuldiner + John Bonham, a la Tupac at Coachella, performing a set of Jimmy Buffet's greatest hits.

FUNNY ENOUGH

I am kinda new here.
Due to the way Arcturus bailed on last year's fest, Glenn has stated (implied? I don't remember exactly how he phrased it, and I don't want to put words in his mouth) that not only would he never touch them again, he won't book related acts/acts that share members. Borknagar was the specific example that someone asked about.

Have you guys heard Disdain from Sweden? Incredible debut album called Leave This World. They would be a nice fit to the mix:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=triIzPwza5c&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Anubis Gate
Sun Caged
Blind Guardian
Damnation Angels
Unisonic
Arch/Matheos
Anthriel
Sybreed (as the oddball)

For me the more prog, the better.

Wolverine (because last year's disc kicks so much ass)
Anathema (because the new disc kicks so much ass)
Poets of the Fall (I'm gonna keep asking!)
Threshold (new album soon and it's been a while since their last appearance, which I missed)

Uhhh... I think I'd be good with any of the above, really.

Hmm..........
Maybe Vangough, Leprous, Circus Maximus, Everygrey, Jon Olivas Pain, Anathema, and Appearance of Nothing.

SAXON
FALCONER
TRIOSPHERE
LAAZ ROCKIT
VICIOUS RUMORS
ANNIHILATOR
U.D.O.
ENDBOUND
TOMORROW'S EVE
MASTERPLAN
HELLOWEEN
XANDRIA
DARK MOOR
D.C. COOPER(PLAY THE YELLOW CD...AS MY WIFE WOULD SAY)OR SILENT FORCE

Would love to see them over here if Glenn would bring them, as I am not sure they would ever play in the U.S. otherwise.

I must thank you, because I believe it was from you in another thread that I decided to give them a try and buy a couple of their albums on itunes. They are great.

Wolverine (because last year's disc kicks so much ass)
Anathema (because the new disc kicks so much ass)
Threshold (new album soon and it's been a while since their last appearance, which I missed)

Uhhh... I think I'd be good with any of the above, really.

Have to agree on Wolverine; absolutely incredible disc in Communication Lost... not to mention their entire catalog kicks ass. Poets are great as well and Damian is my all time favorite singer other than Kiske! We are definitely on the same page! LOL

Poets of the Fall is honestly probably better classified as rock than metal in many ways, but Maarko Saaresto has such a lovely voice - I love the clear-as-a-bell singing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2-HOaIO7Wg&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKk1u5RMTn4&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the way Arcturus bailed on last year's fest, Glenn has stated (implied? I don't remember exactly how he phrased it, and I don't want to put words in his mouth) that not only would he never touch them again, he won't book related acts/acts that share members. Borknagar was the specific example that someone asked about.

I joined much after that, but thats kinda stinky.

Its to bad, It'd be amazing to see Arcturus and Borknagar.

but they were replaced with Ihsahn which in my books just as epic.

I guess I'd replace them with Agalloch, just because I could definately see them at PPUSA, they are great people, and fantastic live.