Bands willing to play....but needing sponsorship

Who would you most likely sponsor?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah... I think with Moonsorrow and Ancient Rites you're pretty much tapping the group who would flock for Arkona and Mael Mordha. They may add a bit to the draw, but the 2 headliners really have a lot of those people decided already.

With a Pagan Altar, on the other hand, you have people who have been waiting nearly 20 years for them to come stateside, not to mention up you're opening up to a Doom and NWOBHM crowd. Grab Pagan Altar and possibly another trad, powerish, doom, or NWOBHM band... You can get one from the US, Twisted Tower Dire or Pale Divine come to mind someone who doesn't tour much outside of their small area... I'd say Slough Feg, but they've been touring so much lately that I don't think it would be as much of a draw as it was 2 years ago, granted I'd go see them any day of the week... and you've got a nice decent group of people flocking.

I agree. While I would love to help out with Arkona or Heidevolk...I would definetly put up at least the 500 amount maybe.

If everyone who voted would just agree Pagan Altar is the best pick for the fest, we'd all just have to put in 250 each and they'd be over here with no trouble.

Doesn't that sound like a good deal?!

Damn, with some of the bands being mentioned as possibilities, it would almost sway me one way or the other on attending or not depending on who gets booked. Especially with the current billing as it is. I hate to say that, as I've had an awesome time at the previous fests, but it would be hard for me to spend a lot of money for a line up I'm not terribly excited about.

Holy shit a brick I missed the post about Root...

Fuck yeah on Root! Everyone pull out their god damn check books for Root and Pagan Altar!

Let me just say this:

If Root, Morrigan, Mael Mordha, and Pagan Altar get added to a bill supporting Ancient Rites and Moonsorrow, you could be looking at the best HC yet.

Thing is, now John needs to determine which of these sponsorship votes are genuine...

Well, what I was thinking, since I was planning on sponsoring anyway, is sending a 125 in when the economic stimulus package hits, and then depending on what other bands are chosen for sponsorship, sending in more after, if it were cool with John.

Guys, this poll is worth squat. Sorry but maybe I wasn't clear enough in the poll directions!!!

This isn't a "pick your fave band" poll.

We're going to start a new poll. Not only will you have the option to vote but you need to submit a post confirming the $ amount you're willing to commit. Otherwise it's not fair to the promoters.

If you vote in the poll and you don't have a post confirming a $ amount then your vote will not be counted.

John will close this thread shortly. Watch this space.

Other poll created (but John will need to sticky it and then close this one out).

Also, I think it goes without saying that the people paying up the most will seal the deal. If 20 people vote for Heidevolk and all commit to $20 each then maybe they need to get on the raft back to Cuba. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.