• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
With John's approval, please see poll.

Pick the band you would be most interested to see and therefore most likely to sponsor. All bands are viable options and available to play, however, funds are required to bring them over.

Honestly, if you guys dont pick Pagan Altar you have serious problems. I love Mael Mordha but there's hope of them possibly returning over the next few years...

Pagan Altar, not so much...

AND VOTE!

I already voted for Arkona because as much great as I've heard of the others, the only one I'm familiar with is Waylander (they're pretty good, but wouldn't make or break the fest for me) and I couldn't bring myself to vote for something I didn't know.

Thanks for the recommendations, looks like I'll start with Lords and possibly Volume 1. Much appreciated guys :headbang:

Based on what I've heard, definitely Waylander (Reawakening Pride Once Lost is ESSENTIAL listening) and Mael Mordha. Pagan Altar have slipped through the cracks and I admit I haven't checked them out, but I'm confident in the opinions of the people backing them so far, so that's a good sign.

EDIT - scratch Pagan Altar, I checked out their Myspace and didn't realize they were doom. The genre rarely does anything for me. I'd much prefer to see Manilla Road if we were going that route.

Thinking from a purely business perspective, I think Arkona and Mael Mordha would be more likely to attract more people, and maybe even more sponsors, to the fest than Pagan Altar would.

Based on what I've heard, definitely Waylander (Reawakening Pride Once Lost is ESSENTIAL listening) and Mael Mordha. Pagan Altar have slipped through the cracks and I admit I haven't checked them out, but I'm confident in the opinions of the people backing them so far, so that's a good sign.

EDIT - scratch Pagan Altar, I checked out their Myspace and didn't realize they were doom. The genre rarely does anything for me. I'd much prefer to see Manilla Road if we were going that route.

I'd say they're more on the NWOBHM side of things than Doom, granted there are aspects of both predominant in their sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.