Bands with consecutive & consistently strong milestone releases

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this guy:

312325.jpeg

That rules.

All of mine are personal milestones, but a handful of those transcend my own tastes.

Maybe not milestones, per se, but Nevermore Politics of Ecstasy, Dreaming Neon Black, and Dead Heart, in a Dead World is a nice run of quality releases.

Forbidden has a similar stretch with Forbidden Evil, Twisted Into Form, and Distortion.

Anekdoten's entire catalog is top notch, so that's 4 consecutive excellent releases, but maybe not groundbreaking.

Ok, here's a nice run:
Rush - 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures

Nobody's touching that, and you could arguably extend it a couple albums in each direction.

Oh, and Thought Industry, all 5 of them are extremely unique and excellent.

Maybe... But not very. "Through the Red" ain't the best, and some of the other songs have weaker and stronger parts but generally I enjoy it pretty thoroughly.

I'm pretty attached to all of them (and TRITSIO, which is in my top 3 of all time, I want to make babies with in the gay way) but am fairly tired of SoTS. Still, it's perfect for what it is.

Erik said:
Maybe... But not very. "Through the Red" ain't the best, and some of the other songs have weaker and stronger parts but generally I enjoy it pretty thoroughly.

I tend to lose interest after track 5, with the exceptions of the title track and Ever-opening Flower. That's not to say the rest is bad, just that they don't really compare with the excellent standard of tracks 2-5.

Erik said:
I'm pretty attached to all of them (and TRITSIO, which is in my top 3 of all time, I want to make babies with in the gay way) but am fairly tired of SoTS. Still, it's perfect for what it is.

SotS is good, but their worst. Even though I prefer their old style, Terminal Spirit Disease was great.

Solution: the "random" button on your CD player :p

Hm, I kind of see your point but I tend to think "Stardrowned", "The Architects" and the two songs you named are among the best on the album, so I can't really agree.