Bands with no bad releases....

This is really hard... I don't think I can come up with a band who has released 5 or more albums that has never done something I didn't like... Steve Vai is the best example I can come up with, although I was never a huge fan of his last studio effort. Testamen't first 5 albums were great.

Other notables are...

Amorphis (never really put out total crap)
Nevermore (never really put out total crap)
Blind Guardian (minus "A Twist in the Myth")
Cryptopsy
Dream Theater (bumps in the road, of course)
Mercyful Fate
Symphony X (last 5 albums were good)
Yngwie Malmsteen (first 7-8 albums were good)

Shit, none of them are all that consistent obviously.

A Twist In The Myth is great when really drunk because it's a collection of the cheesiest/gayest songs ever written.

Dissection --> Reinkaos was bad

Even though that albums awful they almost deserve to be in lists for making some of the best songs ever within their genre.

Candlemass --> Chapter VI

Chapter VI is a GREAT album.

Here's another one: King Diamond. And Motorhead. Two bands with extensive discographies who've never released anything that was outright bad, in my opinion. Everything they've released is at least a decent listen.

Granted, they didn't decline as sharply as their other German thrash brethren, but I definitely struggle to get through some of their mid-90s output. "Get What You Deserve" seems like it COULD be decent, but that production job is all wrong for the music, IMO. There isn't much by them that I've instantly written off, and they redeemed themselves pretty well by "Code Red", but it was still preceded by some very questionable material.

Chapter VI is a GREAT album.
i've met a lot of people who consider it a weak spot in their discography

Here's another one: King Diamond. And Motorhead. Two bands with extensive discographies who've never released anything that was outright bad, in my opinion. Everything they've released is at least a decent listen.

agreed + Savatage, Solitude Aeturnus, DIO

Katatonia
Type O Negative
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Opeth
Novembers Doom
Necrophobic
My Dying Bride

Primordial (all great albums)
Nile (all good or decent, no bad albums)
Cannibal Corpse (see above)
Sodom (see above)
Monstrosity (a couple great albums, the rest are good)
Immolation (one great album, the rest good)
Gorguts (all great)
Suffocation (two great, one good, the rest decent)
Immortal (their black metal stuff is great, the later stuff is decent, nothing bad)
Angel Corpse (all good)
Vader (very good to decent)

Come to think of it, there are a ton of bands that released no bad albums. I just names some of the more well known ones. I don't think any band with more than three albums has released only amazing albums though.

I do, but technically they didn't release 5 albums :p if you're only counting LPs...but anyway, all of their stuff is good, but the last two albums are very different from the first couple, that's for sure.

I'm just going by fact that none of the things on winamp say EP or LP next to them.
The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts,
The Symmetry of I, The Circle of O,
Allotropic/Metamorphic Genesis of Dismorphism,
Cypher,
Dynamic Gallry of Thoughts.

Thoguht looking through these things, some seem have incestuous name. I too drunk or smt maybe.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but i hope to god no one has mentioned Megadeth. As much as I love them, since CDTE things have been very average.

Summoning
Darkspace
DSO
Ondskapt
Funeral Mist
The Ruins of Beverast
Ic Rex
Limbonic Art
Aborym
Bloodstorm
Taake
Mutiilation
Behexen
Tartaros
Immortal

Not all of them have five releases, I know.