Bands with no bad releases....

The only good Ugly Kid Joe song is the one with the chainsaw solo. Then again I hate 80's metal for the most part.

huh:zombie: first off the song with a chainsaw solo is by the band jackyl. secondly neither band is from the 80's, the were both from the 90's and jackyl is still around while the singerfrom UKJ whitefield crane formed medication and released 1 album in 2002 and now is in the band another animal who have 1 album and was a strong candidate for the anthrax lead vocalist spot . the drummer shannon larkin for UKJ is the drummer for godsmack and another animal. one of the guitar players from UKJ dave fortman is a big time producer now working with superjoint ritual, evanescense(sp?) and godsmack among others

This is all based on opinion, right?

In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Katatonia
Opeth
Corrosion of Conformity

I would say Death, but 'Human' is a hunk of shit, so I can't unfortunately

Granted you said this on the first page, I still have to ask. Um...what? In Flames hasn't recorded a decent album in years, and DT has been re-recording the same album for years.

And fyi to Death fans, Human is not their best album, ITP clearly is.

Here's another one: King Diamond. And Motorhead. Two bands with extensive discographies who've never released anything that was outright bad, in my opinion. Everything they've released is at least a decent listen.

I thought about KD, but you gotta admit Spider's Lullaby & Graveyard were both pretty bad. I also didn't like House of God for some reason... MF were quite consistent however, but I never heard Into the Unknown & Dead Again much at all.

Summoning
Darkspace
DSO
Ondskapt
Funeral Mist
The Ruins of Beverast
Ic Rex
Limbonic Art
Aborym
Bloodstorm
Taake
Mutiilation
Behexen
Tartaros
Immortal

Not all of them have five releases, I know.

Excellent list. Can't disagree on any of them.

I thought about KD, but you gotta admit Spider's Lullaby & Graveyard were both pretty bad. I also didn't like House of God for some reason... MF were quite consistent however, but I never heard Into the Unknown & Dead Again much at all.

Actually I would say that Graveyard and House of God are good, and Spider's Lillaby is decent......but Voodoo.....Voodoo is bad.

Granted you said this on the first page, I still have to ask. Um...what? In Flames hasn't recorded a decent album in years, and DT has been re-recording the same album for years.

I agree about In Flames. I like the old stuff, though. Don't know much of DT, but I enjoy the two records I have (Damage Done and Character).

Also agree about Death's best album, a true beast - "ITP". Don't know your real opinion on "Human", but I consider it one of their best, along with "Symbolic".

Just my opinion:

Opeth
Darkthrone
Death
Amon Amarth
Nevermore
AC/DC
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Enslaved

I would say Soundtrack is In Flames' worst album. Come Clarity is actually really good in terms of the new material they've put out. I like it almost as much as Reroute to Remain (which is my favorite of theirs).

Jester Race is still awesome, but I like the newer stuff more (Clayman, RTR, Come Clarity)

Also, Train of Thought is a good album

The Graveyard is probably their worst album, but it's still okay. Spider's Lullaby is pretty good, and House Of God is King Diamond's best post-classic era release, as far as I'm concerned.

True, but it doesn't hold a candle to other Tool releases. They're so much better than the material on 10,000 Days it's unreal. The Pot, Vicarious, and maybe Rosetta Stoned are the only good songs on that album.

Yeah, even Undertow is better than 10K days. Pot, Vicarious, Jambi and Rosetta Stoned are pretty sweet yes

The Graveyard is probably their worst album, but it's still okay. Spider's Lullaby is pretty good, and House Of God is King Diamond's best post-classic era release, as far as I'm concerned.

Graveyard and Voodoo are my least favourite KD albums, still the'rE far from being bad. Spider's Lullaby is great and Hous Of God is (together with the Puppet Master) the best KD release after The Eye

I've listened to it many times. It's not bad on it's own, really, but it's very fucking sub par compared to other Tool albums. And since Metallica are disqualified for everything including and after the Black album, which on their own and not expecting them to be as good as the first four aren't bad, then Tool is disqualified on the same grounds.