Bands you are 'allergig' to

Commercial country music, mexican polka, power metal, nu metal, most rap, screamo, metalcore, any youngster core shit, and anything too brutal for its own good. Worst bands off the top of my head are are insane clown posse, sublime, nickelback, creed, kotten mouth kings. Pretty much anything a tweaker, a wigger, or a redneck might like.

or a newbie?

I like Miss Machine from Dillinger Escape Plan, but their earlier stuff is, in your words, too brutal for its own good.

Although I might change my opinion on that one too.

It is in no means cryptic. :Smokin:
Well, it is actually..

About the Cranberries, I don't hate them, I even own one of their CD's ("To The Faithful Departed") and I like Zombie, but I can very well imagine/understand why someone would not like them, Dolores' voice surely is a 'love it or hate it' affair.

But Queen, it's pretty 'neutral' music I would say, can't really say why one would really hate them or not be able to stand them. Freddy Mercury has a great voice and I can appreciate many Queen songs really.

One band or song I wouldn't really say I'm allergic to, but I am quite puzzled why they're getting so much praise is Oasis and mainly the song "Wonderwall", I mean, come on, that song is NOT special AT ALL and Liam Gallagher has a pretty crappy whiny annoying voice, especially in that song. Why ON EARTH did that song get so huge, I'm puzzled...

One band or song I wouldn't really say I'm allergic to, but I am quite puzzled why they're getting so much praise is Oasis and mainly the song "Wonderwall", I mean, come on, that song is NOT special AT ALL and Liam Gallagher has a pretty crappy whiny annoying voice, especially in that song. Why ON EARTH did that song get so huge, I'm puzzled...
Haha chill out, Martijn! don't get mad, I'm gonna tell you something... I like Wonderwall very much :D Perhaps the only song by Oasis I really like. I've got nothing against them but they never did much on me except for that song which I know it's nothing special at all but I, for some reason, like it very much. And you made me want to listen to it now! :p Anyway I can understand you well. I don't know if I find Liam's voice to be annoying but HE is annoying.

Haha chill out, Martijn! don't get mad, I'm gonna tell you something... I like Wonderwall very much :D Perhaps the only song by Oasis I really like. I've got nothing against them but they never did much on me except for that song which I know it's nothing special at all but I, for some reason, like it very much. And you made me want to listen to it now! :p Anyway I can understand you well. I don't know if I find Liam's voice to be annoying but HE is annoying.
I'm not mad. It's just that for many classic songs I can somehow understand why the song is so loved by many people. Like "November Rain" by GNR, I mean, that is a very sophisticated song, very well arranged, good melodies etc. I can understand why many people like it. But "Wonderwall" has no such characteristic, 'objectively' judging nothing in that song stands out. Liam sings it in a very whiny way, it's not the kind of singing one would expect to be embraced by millions of people, cause it's the total opposite of what is generally considered 'pleasant' or 'beautiful' singing, yet somehow millions of people embraced that song. I just can't understand why, it could have been any other song. I guess it was just the right song at the right time, maybe it was hyped (they're good at hyping in the UK)... Or maybe it's beyond human understanding ;)

@QTh

well, as soon as i see letters in CAPS LOCK and lots of !!!!! marks, i begin to think that someone's annoyed or whatever.

if you're allergic to something, you just sneeze. you don't fire all yer guns out.

oh well, maybe i just misunderstood the point of this thread anyway.

So.. since you gave me a capital T, does that mean you kinda hate me now? :(

Seriously though, i see what you mean.

There are lots of bands that i dont like very much and sneeze at, but i wont list them cause it would probably take too long and i dont really remember them in my head, hence i listed the bands i purely hate, easier that way.

It is in no means cryptic. :Smokin:

Well, it is actually..

You're cryptic. :Smokin:

I wish I knew why songs like Wonderwall get so much attention in general, but on my behalf because I'm especially allergig to it. The way Gallagher's delivering the vocals is as boring as pandas' fucking.
Anytime I can't get my voice in tune I sing Wonderwall with the most horrible of tunes I can manage. It helps.

"Rush" That's a good one!
Rush is one of my favourites. A band so hilarious even Zappa hasn't made fun of them. I can imagine multiple reasons why someone would dislike them, but really, why?