Bands you are 'allergig' to

KittyKatatonia
This message is hidden because KittyKatatonia is on your ignore list.

Another piece of shit I absolutely can't stand is Shakira.

Me either.. My mother likes shakira.. and she has one of her cds.. Every single morning she plays her music and blasts it on the stereo... agh!!

Dream Theater( I have nothing against them.. but I just can't get into their music.)

^ Ive heard enough metal. But God Forbid?:puke:
I take it you've never seen them live then?

Haven't seen 'em live but I bet they're good enough. I'm not like the biggest fan but I own constitution and it's a pretty insane metal cd. I'd definitely listen to it if I where you. My question is whats with this gojira, and damn meshuggah love going around??? :ill:

Heh. Not a biggy. I don't really listen to them. They just have some cool riffs that make you wanna rock da fucks out, which is definitely not enough to rely on. All I'm saying is some people list some bands that aren't nearly as bad as the majority of music out there. Bad metal is like superjoint ritual. As for meshuggah, they play one odd timed down-tuned riff for as long as possible and the vocalist does the same vocal line on every track. The second guitarist who does the atmospheric stuff is really cool though. I wouldn't list them in this thread, but they are definitely not very "musical" and way overrated. The whole hey I know theory, mechanical thing does nothing for me.

Heh. Not a biggy. I don't really listen to them. They just have some cool riffs that make you wanna rock da fucks out, which is definitely not enough to rely on. All I'm saying is some people list some bands that aren't nearly as bad as the majority of music out there. Bad metal is like superjoint ritual. As for meshuggah, they play one odd timed down-tuned riff for as long as possible and the vocalist does the same vocal line on every track. The second guitarist who does the atmospheric stuff is really cool though. I wouldn't list them in this thread, but they are definitely not very "musical" and way overrated. The whole hey I know theory, mechanical thing does nothing for me.
Agreed that Superjoint Ritual suck and that Meshuggah are overrated...but Gojira? Walk out of your house...go to best buy or wherever you buy music...walk in...buy Gojira-from mars to sirius...walk out...pop that fucker in your cd player in your car...and prepare to get your ass blown away:kickass:

...they sound Meshuggah like at times but Id say their primary influences are Morbid Angel followed by Strapping Young Lad.

From Mars To Sirius is the perfect cd. Try the song "Flying Whales" for a good introduction if you've never heard them. It sounds like Tool in the beginning a little bit...then gets devestating! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRYAUq29rJ0 or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8L2bZVA2Jc

Agreed that Superjoint Ritual suck and that Meshuggah are overrated...but Gojira? Walk out of your house...go to best buy or wherever you buy music...walk in...buy Gojira-from mars to sirius...walk out...pop that fucker in your cd player in your car...and prepare to get your ass blown away:kickass:

...they sound Meshuggah like at times but Id say their primary influences are Morbid Angel followed by Strapping Young Lad.

From Mars To Sirius is the perfect cd. Try the song "Flying Whales" for a good introduction if you've never heard them. It sounds like Tool in the beginning a little bit...then gets devestating! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRYAUq29rJ0 or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8L2bZVA2Jc

Agreed!!!! \m/

Meshuggah has a sense of rhythm rarely seen in metal, completely powerful and hypnotic music if you ask me..and their singer is fucking great, a throat of steel that makes the music sound much more explosive. They have a fantastic drummer too.

Meshuggah has a sense of rhythm rarely seen in metal, completely powerful and hypnotic music if you ask me..and their singer is fucking great, a throat of steel that makes the music sound much more explosive. They have a fantastic drummer too.

well, i can't stand Meshuggah's vocals. that's what successfully keeps me off from listening to them

Thomas is an amazing drummer. Saw 'em with tool, and he instantly impressed me. The atmospheric guitarist, and him should join a musical band. That would be great. Also hopefully the keyboardist of dt will leave their crappy asses and join. I can dream. :p