Bands you don't "get"

KISS
Limp Bizkit
Anthrax
Testament (they arent bad, but are pale compared to other 80's thrash bands IMO)

and about Tool...i dunno u either love em or hate em...most mainstream rock people dont like them because they are too "weird" or their songs are "too long", and then u get underground people who dont give them a chance because they get radio play...but honestly if u look back 20 some years ago black sabbath and pink floyd were getting radio play, and i believe they will be the "pink floyd" of our generation

Originally posted by Dragonlord

these are the first that come to my mind...btw yes you're talking about the same ToT,and they still have the chick on the new electro albums.The first one and especially Velvet Darkness They Fear were masterpieces though.
Once again you answered before me...

The most overrated band of the 90's was for sure Hammerfall

Bands I don't get now are Opeth (they still don't "talk" to me) and
Megadeth ( I can't follow their latest things)

I like Blind Guardian, but I never regarded them as a super band, so as to think now that they are overrated

Some are gonna find this rather strange, but I really don't get ACDC. I Know that they are the epitome of the rock n' roll/hard-rock genre, I know that Angus Young is an amazing guitarist, but I simply cannot understand why some people like them so much. I mean I love several of their classic songs, but that is it, maybe their music is too power-chord oriented for my liking...they are a classic act nevertheless and very influential

Tool (fucking suck)
Meshuggah (they suck as well)
Slipknot (should die in a bus crash)
Mudvayne (same bus as Slipknot)
System of a Down (thats metal? they stole Slayer's mainstage spot)
-
theres alot more, but i dont feel like thinking
-
also.. BLS fucking rules! ZAKK FOREVER!

Lacuna coil
Within Temptation
Slayer
Annihilator
Saxon
others...Nightwish Live gets boring after a couple of times too

PS gonna watch Blind Guardian tonight

ID and LW...

ac/dc ARE THE KINGS..
loose with the 4/4 and super tight

dead6skin6mask6

i am with ya, on a number of bands...

Hehe, I can't let the Opeth comments go.

I just need to ask which CD's did you hear? I think they are definitely worth giving another listen to, it's not just another bland melodic swedish blackmetal band

They really do have a unique sound, the dynamics of the vocals are impressive and work very well. Opeth is a very emotional band :)

Oyo- I own blackwater park because i was told it was really good. Also, i have Identity Five which has 'When' on it.
Don't get me wrong, they're really talented, and i don't think they're bland, just for some reason they just don't get under my skin. Maybe it's the vocals, I'm not a big fan of death metal vocals.
It's the same thing with in flames, they're good, but damnit get a real vocalist PLEASE and with opeth or in flames i would practically shit myself with joy.

Then again, i understand that's their sound, but still

Tool - Their singers voice annoys me, and nothing else about the band seems special. They should also leave the real long songs to bands that know how to do it.

Messhuggah - They all seem like talented musicians, but the robotic sound and movement of the music just dosn't appeal to me at all, and add their vocalist to the list of reasons i don't really like em.

KISS - Everytime i see KISS on TV, i wonder what fluke caused their popularity. Cheesy rock songs and ballads, with dull simple music.

And throw in any of the new metal bands that are mainstream, rap rock groups, RAVE music.