Bands you just can't get into

I got into Opeth after hearing My Arms, Your Hearse, which I thought was brilliant. The Drapery Falls is a song off a later album which I play quite a bit. Haven't listened to their recent stuff much though.

Death - Symbolic is another good one. I wonder if there's something common between all the ones I like. Perhaps it's understanding the words, which is weird because I normally don't pay attention to them.

That must help a lot. I think the lyrics are really good too. Listening to Symbolic again now for the 1000th time. I also love the clarity of the production. And the drumming.

I loved Pearl Jam's first two albums but after that they just went downhill for me. Vitalogy has its moments but I can't listen to anything they did after that outside of a couple of songs. A shame because I think Ten and Vs are two of the best albums of the nineties, if not all time.

Never really listened to a lot of RHCP but I love Californication. I bought whatever that album was they brought out a few years ago (Stadium Arcadium?) and I think it's still in the plastic.

Iced Earth is another band that I couldn't really get into -despite owning 3 of their albums.
Just found them pretty overrated & bland. Not to mention all the bullshit with the singer leaving the band to fight terrorists, cracking the shits with that & then returning only to kick his replacement, Ripper Owens, out again.

Dream Theater's another band I can't seriously get into despite owning some of their albums. Overblown & wanky for the most part.

Pearl Jam have come close to full circle i think. I too was depressed by alot of the output after the first too, I liked No Code, but then they just went shite, but the last 3 albums have been pretty good, as a band though they still seem to HAVE to write a couple of shit ballads per album, but that is just my take on it, I guess people love their ballady shit more than the good rock songs.

As for RHCP I have been a fan since before my youth, while they have softened their sound, I cannot think of any album I didn't like.

Being a massive Iron Maiden fan I got into Iced Earth pretty readily, a band I have been told to check out a few times is Manchester Orchestra, and I just can't like them, they are more indie rock drivel, but I just can't like it

RHCP were great. Blood Sugar to Californication (ie their 90s stuff) is great. Blood Sugar is one of the best albums of the 90s. They slid into boring territory after that.

I always found Pearl Jam overrated. There is some good songs early on but not much since. One of the only bands I can think of thats career started at the top and just continued to sink.

I like Iced Earth, but their Barlow reunion material sucked a bit. Burnt Offerings is in my top 10 albums though. And Stu Block is pretty awesome. I was a denier at first, but he blew me away live.

Dream Theater got a bit boring as well a few albums back, but they have a few classics as well. Train of Thought is another of my fav albums, and i love Awake.

Yeah, The Beatles, while not 'bad' aren't as great as people are known to rave, they are very much a 'right time, right place' band, and their earliest stuff is the better stuff I think.

New Foo Fighters is good, what is the new Pink Floyd like? I am a big fan of Pink Floyd, but am worried about checking it out, don't want to ruin any self held legacy in my mind hahaha

what is the new Pink Floyd like? I am a big fan of Pink Floyd, but am worried about checking it out, don't want to ruin any self held legacy in my mind hahaha

I really like it.

It's basically left over tracks from The Division Bell sessions, all instrumentals bar the last track.
It has a whole Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Wish You Were Here) vibe to it. Spacy, melodic & contemplative.
It was basically released for copyright reasons as well as a tribute to Richard Wright -so the tracks are very keys/synths heavy.

It won't ruin your legecy/nostalgia for them. Just think of it as Pink Floyd light because of lack of vocals.

I own a Mastodon album, but so far haven't really been able to get into them properly. Don't mind them, but obviously don't appreciate them the way a lot of other people do. Perhaps I need to try harder.

I own a Mastodon album, but so far haven't really been able to get into them properly. Don't mind them, but obviously don't appreciate them the way a lot of other people do. Perhaps I need to try harder.

Might depend on what album you have.
They can be pretty hit & miss in all honesty. Leviathan is good for the most part but Crack the Sky is pretty spotty at best.

Blood Mountain was the last of the great stuff they did I think. The newer stuff is good, but I like it when Troy Sanders, the bassist and 'gravel throat' sings, his voice is good, the other two not so much. Crack the Skye is a brilliant prog album, I guess I just long for their heavier muse to return

Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Mastodon

The Ripper Owens-era Priest albums are awesome and I don't mind a few of the Mastodon or Tool songs I've heard at random but overall these are the most common bands where I get "WHAT? You don't like x? What is wrong with you???"

Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Mastodon

The Ripper Owens-era Priest albums are awesome and I don't mind a few of the Mastodon or Tool songs I've heard at random but overall these are the most common bands where I get "WHAT? You don't like x? What is wrong with you???"

I'm with you on Anthrax, although John Bush era has some pretty damn sweet tracks. Belladonna's popularity confuses the hell out of me.

The ONLY Anthrac album I can get into is Worship Metal because it a pure & proper metal album.

Anthrax is just one of those bands that never grabbed me. Never knew why. Just probably they tried to be too cross over & doing stupid shit.

Oddly enough, I love SOD because that was Anthrax being really stupid (with their 1st album before Milano's ego got the better of him).

I like a lot of Anthrax, and the time I saw them in Cardiff in 2012 was the best gig I've ever seen. Also, I believe Worship Music is the best metal album since Chemical Wedding.

Not a big fan of the John Bush stuff to be honest.