bands you though should have made it.

Wicked Child said:
No, you're not the only one. I also prefer Refuge Denied over Into The Mirror Black. Into The Mirror Black doesn't have "Battle Angels"!

"And faaalll....OOOOON YOOOOUR KNEEEES!"
and haaaaaail to our daaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

:worship:

carnut said:
bands I can quickly think about ; Culprit, Helstar, Znöwhite, Legend, Anvil, Nasty Savage, Diamond Head, Laaz Rockit, Magnum, Jag Panzer, Candlemass ,Savage Grace, Damien Thorne, Metal Church

You said it with Metal Church. I thought "Blessing in Disguise" was equal to any release Metallica ever made. Great band.

Bryant

I do believe all of these should have been bigger. Some of them shot themselves in the foot, others just got a bad break:
Demon, Praying Mantis, Tygers Of Pan Tang, Marshall Law, Savatage ,Skin, Ten and Trespass.

SlaughterofSoul said:
Two Words: Manilla Road
Did an intervieuw with those guys in the 80's, they were damned friendly, and indeed deserve a LOT more attention ! At that time they released some albums through French label "Dragon Records". This label had some great bands signed up; Heir Apparent, Candlemass, Liege Lord, Exxplorer, Savage Grace, CJSS, .... Don't know what happened to this French label, maybe Fangface knows ??

the label's name is "Black Dragon"
and you are right about its greatness... so many monuments out of this label .. "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" , "Graceful Inheritance" , "Symphonies Of Steel" .. one of the top cult labels along with Rennaisance records perhaps.

Black Dragon were still selling some stuff only a few years ago... and maybe nowadays as well, who knows ;)
No new releases for a long long time though.

They had a great catalog, that's for sure!

Anacrusis
Culprit
Helstar
Psychotic Waltz
Sieges Even
Watchtower
Budgie
Max Webster
Moxy
Lethal
Lefay
Last Crack
Infernäl Mäjesty
Frank Marino
Trespass [NWOBHM]

Thats all I can think of now. Later maybe more.

Hawk said:
Last Crack

Hell yeah!
Hawk, check out their web site, they have a new demo track and a newer live track posted for downloading. I hope they put out something new soon!

Greeno said:
Hell yeah!
Hawk, check out their web site, they have a new demo track and a newer live track posted for downloading. I hope they put out something new soon!
Already been there buddy. Their manager posted at the Headway festival forum. It pay's off now and then to visit another forum at UM ;)