Bands you would be surpise that Symphony X likes.

'Seasons Of Insanity', 'Gaia', and 'We Will Fly' are cool songs. If you like Russel you should find it a cool album.

I like the opener, Blackout, butt kickin rocker, I was sold right there. I knew I had something in common musically with Russell first time I heard his voice. He has that no nonsense aggressive rock voice without all the postureing you can hear in many other vocal routines. Then hes not afraid to clean it up clear as a whistle and just put it out there. 100% no-nonsense in my book.

I also like this other guitar player he used, he seemed to have alot of his own character, not the typical copy and paste guitar player.

I think it's a good album with some outstanding tunes; I consider it "driving music." Gaia and We Will Fly have some Symphony X-ish tendencies and are thus pretty awesome, but bluesier tracks such as Loosin' You and Saucey Jack are also done well. If I recall, MJR played guitar on a few tracks; it's interesting to hear him play styles that Symphony X would never attempt.

Sadly Im totally CD playerless... its bad... 2 stereos and desktop down within a year. Shop stereo is shot, the house 80's Kenwood modular stereo CD player wont pick up the CD's and the desktop is mentally handicaped... like is owner. Money is claimed on everything else first..... damn! TV on XM's deeptracks is the ticket now adays, and here I am wanting to play Atomic Soul.

Sadly Im totally CD playerless... its bad... 2 stereos and desktop down within a year. Shop stereo is shot, the house 80's Kenwood modular stereo CD player wont pick up the CD's and the desktop is mentally handicaped... like is owner. Money is claimed on everything else first..... damn! TV on XM's deeptracks is the ticket now adays, and here I am wanting to play Atomic Soul.

big ROFL! :D:heh:

hahahahahah! I'm an evangelical christian. But I won't go around shoving things in your face and torturing you. :headbang:

Do you know what the word evangelical means? Your post just completely contradicted itself....

While I'm correcting you....
The Beatles, while gay sounding, were massively important in music history. AC/DC had far less of an impact, considering there were plenty of other bands at the time doing the exact same thing as them...they just got more famous for whatever reason.

Back on topic, I can honestly say I don't think any member of Symphony X listens to African Tribal Music. ;)

Do you know what the word evangelical means? Your post just completely contradicted itself....

While I'm correcting you....
The Beatles, while gay sounding, were massively important in music history. AC/DC had far less of an impact, considering there were plenty of other bands at the time doing the exact same thing as them...they just got more famous for whatever reason.

Back on topic, I can honestly say I don't think any member of Symphony X listens to African Tribal Music. ;)

yes i know what evangelical means. You see, I do share the gospel, but I do not force... that would be forcefull christianity. To annoy others by threatening them. To tell the truth, and what I think is one thing... but to shove in faces and try to motivate with FEAR would be another. Read the post a second time before correcting it. ok? P.S. welcome to the symphony X forums! :headbang:

There wasnt any bands doing what AC/DC was when they started out, they had their own little nitch in heavy bluesrock/metal inspired combination.

I would be surprised if any member of Symphony X listens to Hank Williams on purpose... "but I wont stop listening to them if I found out they did".... LOL

Beatles could be considered quite gay sounding at times... cause they really did some gay shit... Rocky the Raccoon ? Maxwells Silver Hammer ? Yellow Submarine ?

yes i know what evangelical means. You see, I do share the gospel, but I do not force... that would be forcefull christianity. To annoy others by threatening them. To tell the truth, and what I think is one thing... but to shove in faces and try to motivate with FEAR would be another. Read the post a second time before correcting it. ok? P.S. welcome to the symphony X forums! :headbang:

Perhaps the technical definition, but the public connotation of evangelical is exactly what you just said. A better term for what you're doing would be "witnessing"

Razoredge: I meant after they got big, and everybody and their grandma was in a hard rock band. Sorry, I should have clarified.

Perhaps the technical definition, but the public connotation of evangelical is exactly what you just said. A better term for what you're doing would be "witnessing"

Razoredge: I meant after they got big, and everybody and their grandma was in a hard rock band. Sorry, I should have clarified.

I agree about the beatles. They were... yes... a bit gayish sounding... but they were important. ACDC was also important though. To metal and all other hard rock. And to evangelize basically is to witness. the world has a bit of an off veiw of the word. I am openly christian and talk about it on the internet al the time. :headbang:

I dont know, I never thought too many bands sounded like AC/DC... to me they were the Aussie/Brit equivelent of ZZ TOP. Hard rockin blues, one with the Texas boogie going on and the other with a bit of the early metal Brit (I know Aussies hate when I do that) raw edge but both still grounded in rockin blues. Both simple and basic but get the job done so well... which was all about partying, rockin out, being a bit devious and having a good time.

To say AC/DC has had as big an influence on music as The Beatles is simply untrue. Great band, but nowhere near as influential.

Though, I really don't like The Beatles.

I did not say it was as big. I said they ALSO changed rock.

Man, the Beatles were NOT gay - if anything, the excessive machismo in rock and metal is what's fucking gay

Lol they were not gay... just some songs were pitiful. I like here comes the sun a lot though. also, Hey jude.

ya ! many songs were pitifully gay. They couldnt figure out if they wanted to compete with Jackson 5 or Monty Python. Also hopeing theres a chance that people might know the actual meaning of the term... gay... prior to its hyjacking that is. For example the Flintstones were gay.

Im not sure how much AC/DC changed music but they were right in the middle of a new wave there, I'd say VanHalen changed it much, much more than AC/DC.

Yesterday, Let it Be, Here Comes the Sun, Hey Jude, While my Guitar... ect... not gay

Get back was good but in a gay kind of way others much worse... I am a Walrus coo coo cacho... you have got to be kidding me.