Bathory...overrated?

I've only heard the old stuff which is dull musically. I could play guitar better when I was 12.

The Greys said:
I've only heard the old stuff which is dull musically. I could play guitar better when I was 12.

Who cares? I'll bet you couldn't write a song worth shit.

point being: how good a song is doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how "complex" it is...yada yada yada

I'm not saying it does. Regardless i've been into music a good enough ammount of time to know it's worthless as a musician to sit around listening to stupid music especially if you strive to progress or find better quality music. I don't mind hearing these bands at first just because they're oldschool or whatever but the music has no staying power & far to amatuerish. Musical ability,complexity,style,etc.. is important to a certain extent. I'm so sick of people bashing other peoples tastes & kissing Venoms ass or whatever like they've found the light. Venom is cool to hear once so get over yourselves. The bathory i've heard sounds exactly like venom. It does not give me a boner. I don't care if it's kvlt because it's just amateurish ideas that have not been sculpted. It's not even close to best metal out there.

I know I do not like mainstream music because it's stupid music... I got into metal to hear music that is somewhat creative and not stupid music. What would be the point otherwise.

The first two Bathory albums is kinda simple and Motörheadish, I agree, but that doesn't take away from their historical value. Everything after that, on the other hand, is really kick ass heavy metal!

The Greys said:
Venom is cool to hear once so get over yourselves. The bathory i've heard sounds exactly like venom.

Bathory sounds nothing like Venom other than the first album.
And Bathory obviously does have staying power if people are still so moved by his music 15 years later.

I love Bathory, but unlike some people, I'm willing to admit that there are better bands, like the one in the topic makers signature.

Agalloch <3

Susperia said:
Bathory sounds nothing like Venom other than the first album.
And Bathory obviously does have staying power if people are still so moved by his music 15 years later.

21 and counting you fucking dunderhead.

The Greys, you have failed me. Over the past couple of months, I've grown more and more into tolerating you with your improved tastes (as far as Death Metal goes, at least), but you've just shat in your pants in front of the auditorium while making a presentation. Nice going.

yada yada... i'm not asking for your approvel nor care what you think is good taste or not. I don't even know who you are nor care if you think if my taste is improving or not.

We do like a lot of the same bands, but you listen to bands that are not so hot imo. Regardless if you think you have good taste it's irrelevent to me & what bands bands interest me or anyone. I really don't care what a metal community thinks. I play guitar & listen to music that's all. Everyone on the earth thinks they have better taste than others and it's nothing new.

The Greys said:
yada yada... i'm not asking for your approvel nor care what you think is good taste or not. I don't even know who you are nor care if you think if my taste is improving or not.

We do like a lot of the same bands, but you listen to bands that are not so hot imo. Regardless if you think you have good taste it's irrelevent to me & what bands bands interest me or anyone. I really don't care what a metal community thinks. I play guitar & listen to music that's all. Everyone on the earth thinks they have better taste than others and it's nothing new.

You know you care what I think of you.

The Greys said:

but everything you think is really stupid bro