Bathory...overrated?

Dodens Grav said:
Listen to Bathory harder. That should do the trick.

It wouldn't help if I listened to them upside down - they're ok - good even in places, but meh, they're not wonder-good.

Dodens Grav said:
You must hate music, and life in general.

Mostly yes, and again, mostly yes.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think you're a cuntTM for venerating them - I suppose I'm just too old and set in my ways to unlearn what I felt back "in the day".

They're OK - better than many, but not even any where near maybe my top 30 bands.

Tomas Forsberg is not even 2% of the musicians in mercyful fate or king diamond. MF & KD have written some of the best riffs and guitar solos in the fucking world.

That's why you prefere mercyful fate.

No, listening harder will cause you to realize that there are not, in fact, better bands out there.

Dodens Grav said:
No, listening harder will cause you to realize that there are not, in fact, better bands out there.

I think this conversation would be better suited to the metal game :tickled:

Bathory vs...

Listen harder to Hammerheart at least, at one time I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, then one morning it clicked and nowadays I consider it a stunning album.

"From the first wave of BM bands, I'll always prefer Mercyful Fate,"

what the heck..... MF is considered black now...

KevenZ said:
"From the first wave of BM bands, I'll always prefer Mercyful Fate,"

what the heck..... MF is considered black now...

Were you older than 12, you'd realise that many of the BM bands explicitly refer to Mercyful Fate as black metal. They may have a bassist, but in terms of lyrical stance, image and "evil" atmosphere, they're as black metal as any of their contemporaries (and yes, that does include Venom).

Being Black Metal doesn't necessarily equate to being some daft cunt who hangs about in woods with a wood axe wearing his mums make up.

The Timebird said:
Listen harder to Hammerheart at least, at one time I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, then one morning it clicked and nowadays I consider it a stunning album.
Hmm. I like their black metal albums better than Hammerheart and their other albums like Hammerheart (clean vocals, slower riffs, etc.).

Erik said:
how can there be "better" bands than bathory

will you people stop making NO SENSE AT ALL

There can be, because there are. It is really that simple.

Now excuse me as I listen to something better ... a.k.a. Absu.