Beer

another awesome top shelf aussie beer is James Squire(Malt Shovel Brewery) bloody hell they do some nice beers

Yeah the Golden Ale is a fine brew, their pilsener and their IPA are great as well. I wouldn't call them top shelf beers, but they're definitely very good mid price.

what is the maltiest of beers?
~gR~

I once had a Bavarian beer that was extremely malty, but I can't recall the name.

The Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka California makes a killer oatmeal stout. It's one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.

Also, McEwan's Scotch Ale is incredible (and 8%). I heard that Absinthe was just legalized in America, but I can't find it in any of the liquor stores.

I heard that Absinthe was just legalized in America, but I can't find it in any of the liquor stores.

youre talking about Lucid. last i checked, it was only for sale in new york, as a test market. you can buy it off some NY based online stores though. the Lucid website has a list of vendors
~gR~

Bought a pint bottle of Samuel Smith's Organically Produced Lager Beer, and a 12 oz. bottle of Trappistes Rochefort 6. The Trappistes was pretty good, however the alcohol taste was a bit strong for me. It was higher in alcohol content since it was a belgian strong dark ale, but they didn't do a very good job of balancing it out imo. The Samuel Smith's Lager was fantastic. I'd recommend it tony Lager drinkers (Ozzman). Probably the most smooth and best tasting Lager I've ever had. I'm still drinking it atm and I'm feeing a little blitzed. weeeee

Tonight I had a 22 oz. bottle of Southern Tier Big Red Imperial Red Ale, and two bottles of Great Lakes Holy Moses White Ale. I think both are very, very good. Big Red was a big, complex, hoppy beer, that was not at all over the top. The Holy Moses compares well to some of the finer white ales, like Allagash White or Hoegaarden.

From the bottles...

Big Red says: Alc. 9.5%,
[made with]
2 row pale malt
caramel malt
chocoalte malt
kettle hops: hallerau magnum & hallertau tradition
dry hops: hallertau perle & hallertau magnum

Holy Moses: Named after Cleveland's founding father Moses Cleaveland, this Whiate Ale ahs a cloudy appearance and a spicy citrus flavor with hints of coriander, orange peel, and chamomile.

The Big Red was a steal at $5, and $8 for the 6 pack of Holy Moses is fine as well. I will buy both of these again. I recommend Big Red to people who like Fat Tire, and Holy Moses to fans of Blue Moon, to give a reference to beers that most people have had.

I don't waste money on alcohol. I can drink it whenever I want at home, and my parents let me take some here. When I run out, it's not a problem because I don't need to drink to have a good time.