Beer

God fucking damnit. This amazing liquor store I recently discovered had some Trappistes Rochefort 6, 8, and 10. The fucking label looked so familiar but I couldn't remember what I heard about it. Supposed to be pretty good shit. I knew I should have bought it. :mad::bah:

Anyone else had it before?

whats this one like? there is an oatmeal stout ive been wanting to try.

oh, and czechvar is pretty good!
~gR~

It's VERY tastey, especially with barbecue. Near pitch black and completely opaque, with a thick creamy head that lasts quite a while... You can put it in a glass, hold it up to a light, and you can hardly see through it all. It's got a very "toasty" aftertaste, and it's not as bitter as a lot of stouts I've tried. It's not all that expensive, either - I typically find it for about 3 bucks per bottle, though the bottles are big enough to be worth approximately two beers.

yeah it does seem to get you pretty pissed,Boag's is a Tasmanian company which is based in the north of the state(Launceston) the other company is Cascade which is based in the south(Hobart),cascade's not as good imo.I wonder if you guys in the USA could get hold of some Boag's,its bloody good stuff

yeah it does seem to get you pretty pissed,Boag's is a Tasmanian company which is based in the north of the state(Launceston) the other company is Cascade which is based in the south(Hobart),cascade's not as good imo.I wonder if you guys in the USA could get hold of some Boag's,its bloody good stuff

Not sure. I don't get exposed to import beers much. If it's anything that's REALLY imported, it's usually Kronenbourg (I really like that beer, LDO). I do like the taste of stuff like Budweiser though, so I'll try to expand my taste when I can.

It's VERY tastey, especially with barbecue. Near pitch black and completely opaque, with a thick creamy head that lasts quite a while... You can put it in a glass, hold it up to a light, and you can hardly see through it all. It's got a very "toasty" aftertaste, and it's not as bitter as a lot of stouts I've tried. It's not all that expensive, either - I typically find it for about 3 bucks per bottle, though the bottles are big enough to be worth approximately two beers.

cool, i'll have to try a couple of these oatmeal stouts
~gR~