Beer

The new beer in Sam Adam's Spring Seasonal that looks good is this Maple Pecan Porter. Sounds amazing.

So I grabbed a six pack of Becks last night for $6 instead of some shitty High Life or Pabst. Probably will never buy Becks again.

For what it's worth, Beck's was bought out by InBev or some shit last year, so now it's produced in Budweiser plants. I highly doubt it was any good before, but I know a lot of previously loyal Beck's drinkers are all bent out of shape over that.

My friend is hosting a pretty awesome tasting tomorrow where we'll be having the following:

GI Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
Westvleteren 12
New Glarus Serendipity
Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12
Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11
Firestone Walker 16th Anniversary Ale
Bell's This One Goes to 11
Surly Abrasive
Surly Coffee Bender
Slumbrew Trekker Tripel
Deschutes Black Butte 23
Finch's Fascist Pig
Finch's Secret Stache
Jester King/Mikkeller Weasel Rodeo
Williams Brothers Kelpie Seaweed Ale
Williams Brothers Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale

and probably a couple of others. Should be pretty awesome, I've only ever had a few of the beers listed, so I'm in for a treat.

Currently enjoying a Founders Breakfast Stout, I can't complain.
I'm getting ready to take up homebrewing. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile but now have found the leisure time to do so. First, i'll be making a Stout.

Currently enjoying a Founders Breakfast Stout, I can't complain.
I'm getting ready to take up homebrewing. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile but now have found the leisure time to do so. First, i'll be making a Stout.

As they say on homebrewing forums "welcome to the obsession"! I got a porter on tap now made with just a dash of chipotle powder.

Scotch Ale? But it says it's a Winter Warmer on the bottle.

Got to blame winter warmers for being a varied style. This one is in many ways different from many scotch ale's i've had, yet was still very much a heady scotch ale.

For what it's worth, Beck's was bought out by InBev or some shit last year, so now it's produced in Budweiser plants. I highly doubt it was any good before, but I know a lot of previously loyal Beck's drinkers are all bent out of shape over that.

My friend is hosting a pretty awesome tasting tomorrow where we'll be having the following:

GI Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
Westvleteren 12
New Glarus Serendipity
Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12
Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11
Firestone Walker 16th Anniversary Ale
Bell's This One Goes to 11
Surly Abrasive
Surly Coffee Bender
Slumbrew Trekker Tripel
Deschutes Black Butte 23
Finch's Fascist Pig
Finch's Secret Stache
Jester King/Mikkeller Weasel Rodeo
Williams Brothers Kelpie Seaweed Ale
Williams Brothers Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale

and probably a couple of others. Should be pretty awesome, I've only ever had a few of the beers listed, so I'm in for a treat.

Please indulge us with your thoughts on those!

I keep coming back to three beers when I'm not drinking Scotch (90% of the time)

Warsteiner Dunkel.
Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter.
Dos Equis with a lime wedge. Great in summer.

Got to blame winter warmers for being a varied style. This one is in many ways different from many scotch ale's i've had, yet was still very much a heady scotch ale.

Please indulge us with your thoughts on those!

Oh, I certainly will. The beer lineup ended up being quite different from the list above, and unfortunately a couple of people left early (reducing the group from 6 to 4), so we got pretty drunk, haha. The first three beers from the left were "warmup" beers that we all knew and loved, and that probably didn't help. I only vaguely remember the last couple and you can tell in my notes that I stopped being very thorough at a certain point. I'll translate them into reviews and put them on Beer Advocate in the next day or two, but here's a picture of the damage:

321415_10100103825441724_1229909080_n.jpg

hosted a beer tasting with several of my friends last week. here's the lineup:

nvbSHbJ.jpg

2012 Cigar City Brewing's Marshal Zhukov's
2012 Three Floyd's Dark Lord
2012 Beachwood BBQ & Brewing Tovarish
2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
2010 Deschutes The Abyss
2012 The Bruery Black Tuesday
2012 The Bruery White Chocolate

The Abyss was by far my favorite. Dark Lord was a lot sweeter than I thought it'd be. Black Tuesday is always a favorite. Stone's IRS continues to hold up with age. Good stuff.

I live about 30 miles from the Coors brewery. As far as macrobrews are concerned, Coors is not bad at all. You can get 6 free beers if you take a tour of their brewery, and it's quite extensive.

My uncle has been there and said it was pretty sweet. Colorado is on my list of places to go in the near future. When I do, I'll make my way down to the brewery.