Beer

Called in a favor from a vendor today and scored a case.
IMAG1724.jpg

IMAG1726.jpg

One of the consistently best rated double IPA's in the market that only releases for a short time every year. Always good to have in a beer traders arsenal, and its damn fucking tasty.

Inland empire, you?

if you're close to Chino, check out I&I Brewing. Tiny, local craft brewery in the middle of the industrial warehouse area of Chino. Easy to miss. I'm in Long Beach, so I'm constantly spoiled by Beachwood BBQ. L.A. is starting to develop a good craft beer scene, but it's mostly tap only: Smog City, Monkish, Beachwood BBQ, Strand, Hangar 24 (they bottle), and Eagle Rock (who also bottle) are some L.A. county breweries to look out for. Try to stay away from Golden Road. Their shit is mediocre.

In regards to Hopslam, I've had it a couple of times, and maybe because I live in CA, but it's never blown me away. The use of honey usually throws me off. But yeah, it's definitely good trade arsenal. Otherwise, I'd gladly take Alpine or Beachwood anyday over Hopslam

In regards to Hopslam, I've had it a couple of times, and maybe because I live in CA, but it's never blown me away. The use of honey usually throws me off. But yeah, it's definitely good trade arsenal. Otherwise, I'd gladly take Alpine or Beachwood anyday over Hopslam

Its certainly not the punch to the face that many IIPA's in your area bring to the table. Sometimes I prefer that, sometimes not so much, depends on my palettes mood that day.

Hopslam is really overrated. It's a good beer, but really, there are a lot of good IIPAs out there.

I think I've taken Zombie Dust for granted. For a while I figured the high ratings just had a lot to do with "zombie" being in the name. If it was called Three Floyds Pale Ale or something generic, I feel like the review scores would be way way lower. However, it's a really good beer that is more worth the hype than Hopslam.

"Zombie Dust" wtf? is that really the name of an American beer? PPl just don't buy that shit here.Maybe some buy boutique beer but mostly ppl buy beer to get drunk,along with everything else.Critiquing boutique beer is a bit wankerish tbh.

Hopslam might be a tad bit overrated, but it's still fantastic. But yeah, I would say that Zombie Dust totally lives up to its reputation. Such a complex yet simultaneously sessionable beer.

And sloughfeg, I have to disagree. The craft beer community is awesome. Lately I've spent much more time and money on it than metal, hah.

You can also get way more drunk on craft beer than swill. A can of plain ass lager is, what, 4-5% alcohol? Meanwhile a Founder's Breakfast Stout is over 10%. Little pricier, but fucking delicious and it'll put you down in no time.