Beer

For those who may be interested, here is an abbreviated trade list of what I'm offering:

FiftyFifty Eclipse Old Fitzgerald
Knee Deep Brewing Simtra
Knee Deep Brewing Hop Shortage (maybe)
The Bruery Bourbon Barrel Aged 4 Calling Birds
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich
Beachwood BBQ & Brewing Full Malted Jacket
Firestone Walker Sucaba (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine)

and I may be able to get my hands on one or two Russian River sours (Supplication just came out). Anything else from (southern) California, just ask.

What I'm interested in: Hill Farmstead anything (Andy), New Glarus (preferably sours), Founder's (KBS particularly), Three Floyds, Alchemist Heady Topper.

I'll see what I can grab in Wisconsin next week in terms of New Glarus. I would go stock up at that store offering Serendipity at such a low price, but it's too far out of my way. KBS will be in my hands on April 1st, and I plan on stopping at Three Floyds during the same trip. Any other Founders or particular Three Floyds beers you'd like me to seek out? I'm definitely interested in some of the stuff you posted.

Strange you should mention Sour in the Rye. I'm thinking of picking it up at a nearby store to take to a tasting on Saturday. How is it? I know the guys I'm tasting with are big fans of The Bruery's sours, so that gives it a little more of an edge.

Well, if you're visiting Three Floyds you should definitely eat their food as well as drink their beer. I can't really recommend anything, as their selection changes.

SG, I'm definitely doing that. The plan was to leave early, get lunch at Three Floyds, hit up a few quality liquor stores (Siciliano's in Grand Rapids, for sure), then go to Founders for the KBS release party.

Sour in the Rye isn't bad, but it's not my favorite Bruery sour. Mother Funker was their most intense sour. Filmishmish is probably my favorite. I stopped buying Bruery's sours because I didn't like how they aged (Oude Tart specifically). When they're fresh, they're outstanding.

Regarding Founders and Three Floyds, anything out of the ordinary/significant really. We don't get anything by either of them. I've had Dark Lord, Zombie Dust and a couple of others. Zombie Dust is tits. If Rabid Rabbit or Arctic Panzer Wolf are available, I'd love those. In terms of Founders, Breakfast or Imperial Stout would be nice, but I'd love to get to try KBS

SG, I'm definitely doing that. The plan was to leave early, get lunch at Three Floyds, hit up a few quality liquor stores (Siciliano's in Grand Rapids, for sure), then go to Founders for the KBS release party.

I'll be getting drunk with the guys in Manilla Road and seeing them play all of Crystal Logic and Open the Gates. I think my Saturday is better.

Hey Schmidt, fuck you.

Unknown, sounds good. Last I checked, I can still get 4-packs of Imperial and Breakfast Stout for a reasonable price (I just polished off the last of both I had in my fridge this week, unfortunately), so I'll look into it. I'm already trading away 6 of my 12 bottles of KBS, but I'd be more than happy to send you 2-3 bottles. But yeah, I'll be on the lookout for more exotic Founders and Three Floyds stuff.

And that's interesting about The Bruery's sours. I've personally only ever had Tart of Darkness; and I wasn't in the proper state to be tasting it. Anyway, I'll certainly take what you said into consideration.

Enjoyin' a Spaten with my new kickass shirt a friend got me.

Ezvtoz1l.jpg

Spaten's my night-starter. It's a light, easy drinking beer. I warm up with that, then dive into the real heavy-hitters. Founders Breakfast Stout, Stone Ruination, Kasteel Donker, Dogfish Burton Baton, etc.

For those who may be interested, here is an abbreviated trade list of what I'm offering:

FiftyFifty Eclipse Old Fitzgerald
Knee Deep Brewing Simtra
Knee Deep Brewing Hop Shortage (maybe)
The Bruery Bourbon Barrel Aged 4 Calling Birds
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich
Beachwood BBQ & Brewing Full Malted Jacket
Firestone Walker Sucaba (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine)

and I may be able to get my hands on one or two Russian River sours (Supplication just came out). Anything else from (southern) California, just ask.

What I'm interested in: Hill Farmstead anything (Andy), New Glarus (preferably sours), Founder's (KBS particularly), Three Floyds, Alchemist Heady Topper.

I currently have access to the following from New Glarus : Serendipity, Raspberry Tart, Winter Warmer, Blacktop, Coffee Stout and all of their year round beers. My Founders availability changes frequently, but I can always check for stuff from them. I'm always looking to try stuff thatvisnt available here, so if you're interested let me know.

Unknown, looks like I'll be hitting up Alchemist too on my birthday since they're not that far from Hill. Unfortunately I cannot legally receive alcohol in the mail so that sucks.