Beer

IMAG1760_zpsd719b8ff.jpg

It's going to be a nice and quiet Friday night.

Anyone else a fan of Pretty Things? Apparently they don't have an actual brewing location; they just rent space in other breweries. Their stuff is pretty good though; I picked up a bottle of their brew called Baby Tree. My fiancee enjoys it. :cool:

I have a question for all the beer experts in here. Why is it I get a headache after drinking any type of beer? No matter what the quality. I drink enough water, I eat etc. It's really a drag.

I have a love hate relationship with alcohol. I really doesn't bring out the best in me. I can become a very unpleasant person after the 6th pint. Not violent or aggressive necessarily, but loudmouthed and deeply hateful.

I made the mistake following up two Dogfish Head IPA 90s with Jack Daniel's. I haven't had a hangover that shitty in years.

LOL my buddy and I came up with a boilermaker we call the Easygrade. It's a pint of 120 Minute IPA with a shot of 151 dropped in, chugged all in one go. You wanna talk fun, hoo boy.

90 Minute IPA is probably one of my favorite of the style. Wrestlemania 2012 I drank almost an entire case of it myself and passed out at 5:30pm.

I have a question for all the beer experts in here. Why is it I get a headache after drinking any type of beer? No matter what the quality. I drink enough water, I eat etc. It's really a drag.

couldn't say. That's certainly a drag though

been sick for a few days, so I've been abstaining from beer. Then I had two yesterday and ended up getting a massive headache

Tasting on my birthday was awesome; probably the best way I could think to spend my 21st. We had the following:

Brau Brothers Rye Wyne 2011
Half Acre Baumé
Spiteful Brewing Burning Bridges
Deschutes Black Butte XXIV
Half Acre Canyon of Heroes
Pipeworks Brewing Unicorn's Revenge
Spiteful Brewing Ghost Bike
Surly Five
Firestone Walker 2013Sucaba
Firestone Walker 2012 Sucaba
Mikkeller Frelser
Mikkeller White Wine Barrel Aged Black Hole
18th Street Sinister
Sierra Nevada Estate
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
Allagash Black
Goose Island Juliet
Pipeworks Pastrami on Rye
New Belgium 2012 La Folie
Revolution 3rd Year Beer
North Coast Old Rasputin XV Anniversary

After that we drank a bunch of Dark Horse Plead the 5th and Double Crooked Tree. Best beers were 3rd Year, La Folie, Juliet, Sour in the Rye, 2012 Sucaba, Five, and Black Butte XIV. Raspy XV will definitely be amazing with a year or two on it.

went to a bottleshare yesterday:

BhOPSOZ.jpg

local bottleshop I go to has a weekly bottleshare at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach. Some of the highlights:

Alpine Ichabod Ale. This was the soured version. Freaking amazing. Never going to have it again likely. What a tasty disaster

Alesmith Kopi Luwak Speedway Stout. I'm normally not a fan of coffee in beer, but it really worked. Loved it. Very well balanced.

Hill Farmstead Arthur. A nice, dry saison. DM;HF

The Bruery's Dirty Beaver Juice Weekend. Never saw distribution. Very tasty. Reminded me of waffles with syrup

Cigar City & B Nektar Collaboration: Camping Stories Braggot. Probably the most talked about beer at the share. It was a smoked braggot. Very interesting stuff. Absolutely delicious.

Surly Darkness 2012. My favorite Imperial Stout of the share. So damn good

Also got to finally try Founder's KBS. It was alright. It wasn't boozy enough for me. Too much coffee...not enough bourbon

Cantillon Mamouche was definitely an interesting beer. Not sure I'd ever have it again. It's made with elderflowers so it's sour but it's also a little peppery. Weird flavors

LOL my buddy and I came up with a boilermaker we call the Easygrade. It's a pint of 120 Minute IPA with a shot of 151 dropped in, chugged all in one go. You wanna talk fun, hoo boy.

Fuck, no thank you :lol:

A friend of mind had a music professor that used a pretty awesome anology about what a key ingredient to a good musical composition: That, like a freshly pour Guiness, there must be layers of interest.

It's a hefeweizen that's been filtered. It looks crystal clear (hence the name), and is really light tasting. It's great on a hot summer day