Beer

Found myself at same store today and bought some Killian's Red Irish Ale for my father and I. Good stuff. Though for some reason, we got some weird looks from the rest of my family who were drinking Busch Light.

Killian's Irish Red. One of the best "good" beers you'll find for a relatively cheap price. Bought some for me and my dad tonight, he was quite happy.

(of course, we are Irish, so I'm kind of biased... but regardless. If you're on a budget, try it.)

Edit: How do I become "kvlt" enough for this thread? All suggestions accepted....

go to bevmo or whatever decent liquor store near you and just grab a bunch of beers you've never had or heard of before. Try several from different styles. Here are some rec's to get you started:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (pale ale)
New Belgium Fat Tire (amber)
Saison DuPont (saison)
St Bernardus Abt 12 (Quad)
North Coast Old Rasputin (imperial stout)
Weihenstephaner Vitus (Weizenbock)
Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen (Hefeweizen)

Figure out what tastes in beer you like. Pale ales feature hops which give the beer a nice bitterness. Stouts and ambers are all about those sweet malts. Hefeweizens and saisons showcase the spiciness of yeast. Once you've figured out some styles you like, you can explore from there. If you like Reds, chances are you'll like Ambers

Of that list I've only had Sierra Nevada. I'll continue down and see if I make some new favorites.

I do love Ambers, by the way. I'll drink basically any dark beer there is.

Dude, I LOVE Magic Hat. I went to college in Burlington, VT where it's brewed, it's like a huge thing up there. Long Trail is the other local one, which I actually prefer.

Funny story actually. First time I bought for my cousin, who had never drank before (3 years younger) I got him Magic Hat. And he texted me that night that "beer tastes like absolute shit". And now all he drinks is Natty Ice. Guess he's more of "water" man...

I can still be friends, but if you don't drink beer, I wonder how you have any fun.

Here is the rest of my night (not pictured are 4 Hamms cans and the complete works of Alexander Pope)

1209293_10201250271796230_1219808130_n.jpg

^ I've been seeing those Iron Maiden beer bottles everywhere these days! (well in pictures on the internet)

Is it wrong that I kind of want to just put it up as a decoration in my room and not drink it?

^ I've been seeing those Iron Maiden beer bottles everywhere these days! (well in pictures on the internet)

Is it wrong that I kind of want to just put it up as a decoration in my room and not drink it?

Drink it and then leave it as a decoration in your room. Best of both worlds.

Introducing the best beer brewed in the state of Iowa, hands down.

8114828125_4444218ff5_z.jpg

It's called Blonde Fatale by Peacetree Brewing Co, and it's on tap all over Iowa City. It's a lot like Duvel, but smoother and sweeter, and only slightly less alcoholic. Still, a couple of these should get you pretty toasty.

had a couple of my best friends over for a mini tasting. Opened the following:

Lakefront Chris maple vanilla doppelbock
Lagunitas 13 Red Ale
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale
De Struise Pannepot 2011
Founder's Curmudgeon's old ale
Founder's Dirty Bastard scotch ale
Sierra Nevada Narwhal imperial stout 2013

The Lakefront Chris was really good. Very drinkable. You got a mild bit of sweetness from the maple and vanilla. I didn't care too much for Curmudgeon's old ale. Dirty Bastard was good. Narwhal was good but not nearly as good as last year's.

then I woke up at 530 with the worst beer shits ever. my god

Introducing the best beer brewed in the state of Iowa, hands down.

8114828125_4444218ff5_z.jpg

It's called Blonde Fatale by Peacetree Brewing Co, and it's on tap all over Iowa City. It's a lot like Duvel, but smoother and sweeter, and only slightly less alcoholic. Still, a couple of these should get you pretty toasty.

I'm sure it's more affordable than a Belgian import as well?