Beer

Thanks guys, I'm definitely planning on hanging around on this great board.
I just opened another Cellar Door- my memory betrayed me. The color is golden and cloudy, but the taste description is the same.
I had no idea Stillwater was a gypsy brewer. Their artwork is the shit though.

New Glarus haul from Wisconsin border raid. From left to right: Wisconsin Belgian Red Ale, Two Women Lager, Moon Man Pale Ale (6), Uff-da Bock, Cabin Fever Honey Bock, Snowshoe Ale (2), Imperial Weizen (4), Fat Squirrel Ale, and Serendipity Fruit Ale.

1909151_2020871561407_1735119607_o.jpg

I don't drink a whole lot of Sam Adams. As I'm from the Boston area, it always feels like more of a macro-brew here than a craft beer. Never tried the Irish Red though, so will give it a go one day.

1554 also tends to be watered down because of how high the demand is for it. I witnessed first hand when NB started using lower quality ingredients, and the subsequent drop in flavor and body of my former go-to black ale. Happened right around a year after I could legally drink.

They have good beers, though. Their Tripel and Abbey Belgo-Americans are not bad. Ranger IPA's pretty good too, and their Accumulation White IPA pretty much tastes like a mouthful of grapefruit, which is badass in my book. Not as good as Deschutes Chainbreaker, but still a good beer in my book.

Went to a bottleshare today. It was a nice, small group of about 8 people. We opened some nice bottles but nothing too mindblowing. I brought a 2011 Goose Island Big John and two of Almanac's new sours. We also had some Black Tuesday, Sucaba, and several others. Nothing uber rare but nice nonetheless

Totally missed a three floyds tapping this past weekend in indy at the sinking ship due to reserve drill duty. Got a flippy bottle of Providential Golden Ale chilling in the fridge from trader joes been hearing that this beer gets better with age.

if you guys get the Mission Street Anniversary ale at your TJ's, grab some. It's an Imperial Brown brewed by Firestone Walker, and it's really good (and less than $4 out here!)

Doing some research on witbiers today so Pat and I can brew a wit flavored and spiced with Earl Grey tea at two separate times during the brewing process! Gonna be called "Earl White" (duh). Up next is Sterkens White Ale for our researching pleasure. Cheers!

sounds nice. Next month once I get paid I'm going to brew a Falconer's Flight IPA and maybe dry hop it with some Citra. I need a good, tasty IPA to brew

Drinking myself a 750 of St. Bernardus Abt 12 tonight. Not splitting it. Also got some Deschutees Red Chair, which is good for the price.

Nice

Girlfriend and I opened up the following over the last two days for the anniversary and valentines: The Bruery 2013 Sour in the Rye, The Bruery 4th Anniversary Fruet, FiftyFifty Eclipse 2011 Four Roses

Barhopped Iowapolis last night. Had Arrogant Bastard, Green Flash Triple IPA, and Old Rasputin, all on tap. 'Twas a good time.