Beer

Nice. Old Rasputin on nitro is so fucking good. Any stout on nitro is going to be at least decent.

For the second year in a row, I've missed out on purchasing Logsdon's Peche n Brett. Logsdon is one of my favorite breweries, and this is supposed to be their best beer. Oh well. I have a pretty nice trade coming in from Vermont. I'll be sure to post a picture when I get it

Just tried 'Midas Touch' by Dogfish Head. It's described as an 'ancient ale' and it's fucking good. It tastes like a mead version of beer. Also comes with a 9% abv so that's another plus.

Can I talk about root beer here? I had an amazing home brew courtesy of my partner the other night... so fucking good. He went old fashioned with it, lots of wintergreen and oak notes. Really, really good. I'd dare say some of the finest root beer I've ever had.

sounds tasty. I've been taking a break from drinking beer...haven't been drinking my daily beer in an effort to shed a few pounds (along with eating healthier). That being said, this weekend has some LA tap takeovers that I'm excited about

got a fucking awesome beertrade today from a guy in Vermont. Beyond stoked

1012928_10101232308940107_1770004544_n.jpg

You are right, my bad. You actually specifically said that haha.

I've yet to have a maple stout. I've had a maple ale or two, never anything heavy though, I'd imagine it's pretty fucking tasty in a woodsy sort of molasses way. I'll have to stick it on my to-do list.

You know what else is surprisingly good in the Imperial realm? Imperial saisons. Had Elysian's Imperial Peppercorn Saison a couple months ago and it was pure nectar, just a bit of spice, not overwhelmingly boozy, but not so easy-drinking that it was dangerous.

Took my girl to the Boulder Beer Co. for lunch today. Had their Kinda Blue (blueberry wheat) and Shake on Nitro(Cocoa Porter).

Shake's been one of my favorites since the winter, I think I mentioned it a couple pages back. Having it on nitro was a real treat. Brought a six pack of it home, too.

Shake is fantastic; I was a big fan. Cheers.

Drinking a new Brewmaster Jack Hop Essence series beer... this outfit from western MA has been one of my favorite new breweries for a few months now, and they just bottled a Mosaic Double India Pale Lager 3 days ago, which I'm partaking in now. Soooo fresh; like a mango smoothie, with grassy and bright citrus notes on a drinkable, thirst-quenching lager profile. Fantastic.

The Bruery makes an IPL called Humulus Lager. It's quite delicious. I wish more people made IPLs

Avery's Uncle Jacob's Stout has been released, but it looks like it's a smaller batch this year. It's my favorite bourbon barrel stout (or tied with Parabola at least). If you get Avery, keep a look out for it