Beer

It has nothing to do with who the Indians are. Before the Suez Canal was built, English ale went bad on the long sea voyage to India, so they put extra hops in it to make it last longer on the journey.

Well I hadn't bothered to look that up. The More You Know. My brother left me a variety of IPAs over the holidays. Harpoon wasn't bad. First IPA I think I've tried that was tolerable.

Utah is the home of Epic Brewing Company, and they make some pretty solid stuff. Their Elder Brett is fantastic. Big Bad Baptist is a giant fucking pot of coffee. Aside from that there isn't a whole lot else. They get some west coast stuff (Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, and Firestone Walker).

salt-lake-808x480-SLTEMPLEKIOSK2.jpg

Still young so I haven't had that much time to explore beers, can't even legally drink in the U.S. but luckily I live on the right side of the Atlantic. ;)
I've found myself enjoying belgian beers and trappists and next week I will together with a couple of friends order some beers which aren't found at the local store for tasting. I've decided on contributing with Westmalle Triple as one beer, any thoughts about it?

Three Philosophers is a sexy beer. Went out drinking with my buddy last night. The highlight was splitting a bottle of Deschutes Mirror Mirror red wine barrel aged barleywine...absolutely delicious. I'm glad I snagged a bottle to go because it should age beautifully