Beer

^ sounds like it would be worth a try.

I just picked up a couple 4-packs:

BrewTopia__Allagash_Saison_NewBrew.jpg

and...

Victory+DirtWolf+DIPA.jpg

Pretty excited to try both.

^ That will be the next rice lager I try.

The Victory 'Dirtwolf' was a fantastic double IPA, highly recommended. The Allagash Saison is kind of a take it or leave it beer for me. A bit too light, with citrus and floral notes. Not terrible, but it fails to impress.

Picked this up earlier today. It looked interesting and wanted to try it and because the beer selection where I am sucks, so this really stood out.

rasputin_zpsf915558f.jpg

I take it you had a bad experience with that, Jeremy?

I've been meaning to grab a 4-pack of that, as they have it at the liquor store in the plaza across the street from my apartment. Went for the Dogfish Head 90 Minute this weekend instead :)

You guys were right just had my first sip, and it is awesome. Doubt these four beers will last the rest of the week. And 9%? Pretty high for beer

60 Minute is a good beer also. Generally it's a little cheaper for a 6 pack of that than a 4 pack of the 90. The alcohol content is even between the two (6% x 6 vs. 9% x 4). DFH has very readable dating, so these are beers I don't buy unless they are less than a month old.

I just got a new grocery store nearby with a nice mix a six beer selection. For $9 today I picked up:

Left Hand Good Juju - light, clean, great ginger flavor, great for summer
Left Hand Polestar Pilsner - solid malty pils
Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA - one of the best mass market IPAs, love it
Krombacher Weizen - basic, but not bad by any means
Blue Moon Farmhouse Red - seemed like they were going for a Flanders red? No way. The malt was almost there, but no tartness. A little acidity. Weird aftertaste, but not entirely unpleasant. I don't know.
Redd's Apple Ale, 16 oz can - Smells like green Jolly Ranchers. Tastes much less tart and sweet, more like red apple. Finishes clean. Will taste artificial to some, but this is really quaffable.

^ That sounds like a good deal. Jolly Ranchers and beer, why not?

I went to Legal Sea Foods last night and had a couple brews. I had a Harpoon IPA which was actually pretty mild as far as IPAs go. Kind of like a lager with hops. I then had a Jack's Abbey Double IPL and that was quite excellent. It had substance, hops, and a solid ABV at 8%. I don't recall having an IPL before, but it sure as hell tasted like an IPA.

Drinking Summer Ale right now, really good beer in my opinion, couple more beers and ill be completely incoherent as planned.