Beer

I prefer Big Eye, it's cheaper but honestly tastes better to me. Ballast point is my current favorite brewing co too. Their Tongue Buckler Red is pretty amazing.

Pliny is always good, but I feel like we're spoiled in California...I've had it so many times. I prefer Sculpin and Alpine's IPAs to Pliny.

woke up with a hangover. blergh

We are spoiled in California. I can go in any direction and find a brewery with an excellent craft brew.

Stone Ruination. Holy cow, it did just as it says on the bottle. Ever since I had that a couple years ago all I want is hoppy IPA's.

Any of you into Ritual brews? Small brewery in Redlands. Their Extra Red is one of the best reds I've tried. Tied with Ballast Point's imo. also Fat Hog is a monster barleywine. It's on the expensive side though.

enjoy_by_5-16-14.png

Stone-Enjoy-By-5-16.png

I had this on tap once and wasn't impressed, then I got a bomber of it and fuck me, that's one of the best IPAs for the price. It's like $6 here!

So, I guess in my town every liquor store is running some deal to encourage every college to get fucking smashed instead of studying for their finals. 30 pack of Keystone Light and Ice for $9.99. Of course I'm going to take advantage of that shit, even though light beer = intense queer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZawLIHrSAU

^I think you're talking about the regular Stone IPA.

Also, I would only drink those cans if they were free and all there was at a party. I'd rather spend $10 on two quality bottles instead.

I'm actually pretty surprised at Arbor Brewing's Strawberry Blonde. It is the first non-stout/porter I've bought in some time and despite the fruity aspect of it I'm really enjoying it.

Very refreshing and the citrus and strawberry flavors are fairly balanced and don't make you forget that you're drinking a beer.

I could see having a few of these during hot summer days, alongside Bell's Oberon.

I am. Although I'm getting a pay cut. I was getting $75 an article for the print edition. Now I'll be getting $25 per blog. Still though $100 a month is nice

So, going back through my post history a bit for old time's sake. I am making $160 a month in free beer now ($40 per article/week), and working for a brewery as a part-time sales rep soon so I have finally achieved my goal of making somewhat of a living off beer! Prost!

Went to Framingham Beer Works the other day. Had a Framingham Pale Ale, which was simply OK. I then tried the Nobscot IPA which was made in the west coast IPA style. That was good.
I picked up a 4 pack of 'Zephyr' by Rising Tide brewing, out of Portland ME. A decent enough IPA. Maybe the second bottle will be more impressive than the first.