Beer

^ looks good.

I had a Dark Horse Brewing blueberry stout. For once a solid non-lager type fruit flavored beer. And at over 7% it delivers. Very good blueberry accent to a really nice, dark stout.

back from Texas. My god. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Texas has an amazing craft beer scene. It just sucks that virtually none of it leaves the state. Here are various scattered thoughts and places:

Jester King Brewery: By far one of the most gorgeous breweries I've ever visited. Out in the countryside, idyllic is the best word used to describe it. Tried all five or six of their beers they had on. Nocturn Chrysalis and Biere de Miel were both absolutely fantastic. I ended up buying bottles of both.

Craft Pride: Beer bar in Austin that serves only Texas craft beer. Had a Deep Ellum IPA which was nice with a good malt balance. Followed that up with Community Beer Co's Witbier, which won gold at the World Beer Cup in its category. Easy to see why. It was absolutely fantastic. Quaffable. Crushable. Buddy had a Deep Ellum Numb Comfort barleywine, which was delicious, and an Austin Beer Works Kristallweizen which was refreshing.

The Hoppy Monk: Gastropub in El Paso...only place worth a damn in El Paso probably. Fantastic selection. Had a Founder's Centennial IPA, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro and Prairie Bomb. The Left Hand was fucking delicious. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a six pack of it at a store we went to.

Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co: RateBeer's 2013 Best New Brewery of the year, and it's easy to see why. Had their Refuge IPA and Santa Theresa Enkel. Both were fantastic. The food was mindblowing. If it wasn't six hours away from me, I'd go there all the goddamn time.

Here are pictures of my haul:

kburwnF.jpg

wyLJGEI.jpg

Wow, that's a nice ass haul.

Out of all of those, I've only tried the Prairie BOMB!, which i thought was delicious. I've been wanting to try Resin but just cant seem to find it around here, or maybe im just not looking good enough.

Bevmo is having some good deals this week so i stocked up on some Stone ales and a couple bottles of Wookey Jack. :kickass:

CIMG2465_zpse873f3ad.jpg

Nice! Sixpoint doesn't distribute to the west coast, which is why I got some. My buddy got The Crisp lager which was pretty decent

Going to Earth Eagle Brewings in Portsmouth, NH with my girl tomorrow to see if we can get a taste of their new Madame Trixie, a blood orange black pepper saison aged in Jim Beam barrels that previously held Allagash Curieux... hooooly crap.

I still need to get my hands on that Left Hand MS. Have you guys tried any of Belching Beavers milk stouts? So good! Had one earlier today for breakfast ...

CIMG2517_zps2f0a8da7.jpg

CIMG2519_zpsaf9e4225.jpg

... these guys really know how to brew milk stouts, and their Peanut Butter MS is even better.

Any of you guys been to the Golden Road brewery out here? Ordered a flight and tried out a few of their beers before jumping in. The Wolf Amongst Weeds DIPA is definitely their best offering ... absolutely delicious, as were most of their other IPA's. Their Hudson porter and brown ale were okay, and the Hefe was no good. I had bought a 4-pack of those Hefe's before and they went down much better.

That thoroughly mediocre Rampant IPA from New Belgium has been my go-to cheap craft beer (a slight contradiction in terms?) for a while now. Given the alcohol content and price-point, it's actually more cost-effective than a 12-pack of PBR.

I had about 8 pints of PBR at the bar and came home to a 6-pack of that, which is now non-existent. Slayer and Wittgenstein rule.