Beer

So I bought a sixer of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. It's good, but certainly inferior to the 90 minute, which I had on tap a little while ago. Kind of like a light IPA, which does not quite do it for me.

CIMG2389_zps3152b666.jpg

... fridge is nice and stocked for the weekend. Sipping some Widmer Bros Alchemy Ale right now ... delicious.

I'm at ommegoose on Untappd. I have like, 445 unique beers since October. I don't really think that's a good thing.

ah I was wondering who that was haha.

So the Firestone Walker Invitation was amazing. I tried at least 20 different beers. Started the day with Founder's KBS and Barrel Aged Bolt Cutter barleywine. Both were fantastic. I'm usually not a fan of KBS (I think it's overhyped), but this batch was pretty good. My favorites were Alesmith's Barrel Aged Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout and Triple Rock/Sante Adairius's Barrel Aged Cellarman Saison. Both were absolutely fantastic. I missed out on Cigar City. They ran out of beer, and I didn't even bother with 3 Floyd's.

The food available was amazing too. Endless tacos, mini lamb ribs and curry, sliders, sweets. Surprisingly I barely got the tiniest buzz. Must've been all the food. No hangover either. Will try harder next year

I've had three or four different variations of Speedway, and this is far and away my favorite. If they bottle it, which I think they will, I will be a poor man

Picked up a sixer of Sculpin'. I saw 'Big Eye' right next to it, but I couldn't neglect the greatness that is Sculpin'. Also bought 'Dark Truth Stout' by Boulevard Brewing. Don't know a whole lot about it, but am anxiously awaiting a bottle.
Was at a Chinese restaurant today and they had Long Trail IPA. It was solid, but nothing outstanding.

I love all the thick beers stouts and whatnot, but once it warms up I gotta go with Dos Equis with lime. Picked up a 12er and some limes over the weekend. Nom.

Picked up a sixer of Sculpin'. I saw 'Big Eye' right next to it, but I couldn't neglect the greatness that is Sculpin'. Also bought 'Dark Truth Stout' by Boulevard Brewing. Don't know a whole lot about it, but am anxiously awaiting a bottle.
Was at a Chinese restaurant today and they had Long Trail IPA. It was solid, but nothing outstanding.

Boulevard is pretty good. Their IPA is on tap at most pubs in the Front Range, and I've had their red as well. Nothing to write home about on either account, but both are solid choices.

We have a one-day break between our dates in Seattle and Portland this July. I'm pretty set on paying Deschutes a visit. My girlfriend spent an afternoon there on her last vacation and couldn't say enough about the flight and some of their seasonals. I'm excited.

pulled out a Winter 2010/2011 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout out of the cellar. It was fantastic. It held up A LOT better than Store IRS at 3 or 4 years out. Definitely one to sit on.

On Thursday I'm flying out to Texas to pick up a car and drive it back with my buddy. Gonna hit up Jester King in Austin, Arizona Wilderness Brewing in Phoenix and a couple other places. Gonna bring home some bottles. Looking forward to the trip!