Beer

Was gonna go to Cigar City brewing yesterday but got sidetracked. Fortunately at the Murder by Death/O'Death show last night (which was beyond awesome by the way) they had Cigar City's 'Invasion' on tap. A really excellent, fruity, hoppy pale ale.

Yeah man. The girl I was with was taking too much time so I couldn't fit it in before the concert. Tampa's only two hours away, I'll go back again some time soon for sure.

Tonight I had Southern Tier's Creme Brulee stout on tap and it was fucking sick. Will get it again the next time I'm at this bar. Also had Magic Hat's Snow Roller, a hoppy brown ale. It was not very good...

god I fucking love that beer. Sculpin is already one of my favorites, but the grapefruit version is just something else. I'm stoked they're making it year round now.

Currently drinking a Mammoth Epic IPA right now. Not bad. Kind of malty. Got a Rochefort 10 and Logsdon Kili Wit (perfect for this heat, eh Kafka?) in the fridge for later. End of a long week...

I havnt liked anything from Rogue...Is it a Stout or Porter?

Last night I had so many fucking beers. Cant remember what most of them were but what I do remember is:

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball
Green Flash Palate Wrecker
Grapefruit Sculpin
Elysian Brewery's Space Dust IPA

Oh, and a Hibiscus Sour. Wish I remembered who made that one because it was fucking delicious.

Rogue used to be at the forefront of craft beer, but is now definitely an afterthought. I really don't think they are doing anything to remain nationally relevant.

Split a Petrus Aged Red tonight. Delightful. Just the right amount of sour for me.

The Rogue Farms series is trustworthy, but most of their other stuff sucks. Had Fresh Roast last night and it was a solid brown ale.

a buddy of mine brought a bunch of Great Lakes beers to thanksgiving once (he had been in Ohio the week prior), and to me they all had the same yeast flavor. It worked for some of the beers, but after several it kind of bored me? Maybe I need to give them another try

I've stayed away from St Archer since they debuted, but have been hearing good things about them recently. Decided to pick up the Mosaic IPA and was blown away by it. I've heard good things about their regular IPA, DIPA, and Coffee Brown