Beer

do they let you fill up growlers there?

CIMG2559_zps599db52c.jpg

... was going through my photobucket and found this. 'Twas a nice weekend.

My friend came back from Texas last night and brought me 4 Texas beers.

No Label Suburban Funk Cherry Sour
Revolver Blood and Honey
Lakewood The Temptress
Saint Arnold Endeavor

That Lakewood Temptress is so good. I have a bottle of it in my fridge along with a mole version as well. There's a lot of really good fucking beer made in Texas that doesn't get distributed. Shame

do they let you fill up growlers there?

Yeah they usually have like 3 beers available in 32 and 64oz growler fills

I was hoping that she would find the mole or raspberry one too, but this will do. It was all free.

Yeah it's nothing special, but gross or disgusting? lol cmon now, it's an ok American lager. Nothing offensive about it whatsoever. Very crisp and crushable. You wouldn't need much "power" to go through a 6pk of a light beer like this. It used to be my least favorite from them, but that title has been handed down to their Big Wave ... which used to taste better a few years ago. All of their beers are okay.

Gross would be better used to describe that SA harvest pumpkin.

Yea, they actually have quite a few good brews. I'd even say they're probably the best major brewery in the US .. unless im having a brain fart or something.

I did have the SA New World a few nights ago, and was rather unimpressed though.

edit:
xxxx1_zpsgkekrqxp.jpg

well i know you're an ipa guy so im not sure if i'd be able to change your mind on them. Their IPAs are not that good and you can get better ones from just about anywhere around here.

Old Fezziwig is probably my favorite beer from them but it is seasonal and only gets released in a variety pack as far as i know. I;d recommend their Octoberfest too if you dig that style of beer. They have some good Pilsners and a pretty solid Double Bock too. I'm also a fan of their flagship brew.. a nice cold, crisp Boston Lager ... mmmmm.

Yeah Im working on not being such a hop snob, so ill keep a eye out for these. Only one I had so far was the Boston Lager and was not a fan.

Im actually working this event today helping my buddy from Twisted Oak Tavern (formerly known as The Lab) pour some beer:

10247811-909888642366403-2554981714717135696-n.jpg

Bringing a Saison, Chocolate stout and a DIPA. I love that this is right down the street from my house. Going to get unbelievably hammered tonight and walk home for free.