Beer

I'll have to see how Pumking is this year. It was in the past one of my favorite beers of any sort, but it has taken a hit in quality as distribution expanded. It also feels like Southern Tier is using so much of their resources on it that I'm missing out on their other beers, which I've loved in the past.

I've wanted to try Rumpkin by Avery for a while but their distribution to Florida is poor.

Rumpkin is my exception to the no pumpkin beer rule because it's do goddamn good. Last year's was super boozy too. Avery has one of my favorite barrel programs

I've been lucky enough to get The Beast, The Reverend and Salvation. I've seen White Rascal too, but that's the only widely available Avery beer around here.

CIMG3814_zpsei7anpgd.jpg

... this is so good! This one and Tank 7 are probably the two best Saisons i've had so far.

Haul from last two days:
picked up a few extra AleSmith brews for aging...
AleSmith Old Numbskull x2
AleSmith Wee Heavy x2
Goose Island Oktoberfest
Ayinger Marzen-Oktoberfest
Baltka #6 Baltic Porter x4
Red Hook Out of Your Gord Pumpkin Porter
Spaten Festbier-Marzen
Gordon Biersch Summer Variety Pack(kolsch, pilsner, Helles bock, Marzen)

Nice! The Old Numbskull and Wee Heavy are two of my favorite AleSmith beers

So my buddy had the following beers on tap at his wedding: Cellarmaker Gold Dust (blonde), Faction Pale Ale, Knee Deep Citra, Alpine Duet (brewed by Green Flash, so it sucked). The Faction was my go-to. So good and crushable. I think I had seven of them. We also brought beers. Said buddy brought a growler of Faction's Mosaic & Equinox IPA...so fucking good! Goddamn. Another guy brought some Heady Topper and a bottle of Jester King La Vie en Rose, which was amazing because it was brewed by Jester King

Surprisingly, I did not have a hangover this morning. I downed a bunch of gatorade before bed, so that probably helped.

So, anyone else pumped (lol jokez) about the new Boulevard pumpkin beer? Funky Pumpkin... sounds super good, and it's actually their first ever pumpkin ale I believe (though it did debut in their tasting room before this release)! Check out the description:

Spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and ginger, Funky Pumpkin is a blend of brewhouse soured beer and beer aged in a stainless steel tank with brettanomyces. Tart and slightly earthy, Funky Pumpkin features a subtle toffee/caramel malt character that allows pumpkin pie spices to shine against a soft acidity.

ABV - 5.8% IBU - 28

Anyone that gets Boulevard beer regularly will get this eventually, though apparently the brewery doesn't really seem to know when it will even hit all their distributors.

Oops, I managed to accidentally find Cigar City Good Gourd after all. I'm excited.

If you ever go to Florida, make sure to get whatever you see by them. They're generally considered to be the best in the state.