Beer

I dont know about beer. Im a hard liqour girl. Just straight up vodka is the best but rum is good too. maybe its because im irish? i have no idea.

Other than IPAs and a handful of other styles, bitterness is a really small part of the flavor profile of almost all beers. I think most people who dislike beer are just drinking bad beer. There are beers for every palate. The most common beers people drink are macro-produced lagers like Bud, Miller, Coors, Heineken, Corona, Labatt, Stella, Harp, etc. They are not good at all. There's a reason why people basically have to be conditioned to like them. They are also cheaper (generally) because they have lesser quality and cheaper ingredients.

If you want good stuff, you have to pay for it. For the uninitiated, it helps to try to pick out a flavor profile you suspect you will like, and then find a style that goes along with it. Then you can experiment more once you can properly assess different styles. Also, remember that beer is more subtle than you might expect. You're not drinking soda or eating candy. Remember also to take a good whiff of the beer. It should suggest what flavors to look for. Of course, you could always just sip and swallow, but I find it much more fun to try to break down individual parts of the flavor.

Some things you won't need to be an expert to find in beer:
Light or citrus fruits (apple, pear, apricot, banana, peach, orange, grapefruit, white grape, lemon, lime)
Dark fruits (plum, raisin, fig, date, dark grape)
Nuttiness (hazelnut, walnut)
Milk and dark chocolate, coffee, espresso, cocoa
Spices and herbs (clove, coriander, nutmeg, licorice)
Grains (wheat, oatmeal, barley, corn, toasted or roasted grain)
Honey, caramel, candy sugar
Hop bitterness

I can recommend some beers that have any of these qualities. Of course, a single beer might only really expound on two or so of the above areas.

Any decent liquor store should sell some high quality beers. Places like Whole Foods often have high quality stuff.

Also, don't rag on whisky! Better quality bourbons and blended whisk(e)ys (>$20 a bottle) are nice to sip on neat, and single malt Scotch is always amazing. Like beer, there's a huge range of flavors you can find in whisky, especially scotch. It's actually much wider, since Scotch can hit the salty taste buds, while beer basically never does.

My favorite beers are :
-Pilsner Urquell ( original Pilsner brewed in Pilzen, Czech.
-Budvar-Original Bud brewed also somewhere in czech

Those are my two favorites.But I cant always afford those,Therefore I usually drink Stella artois or Zui Zhang( not sure how to spell it)

Labatt is better than the big 3 in America, but not by much.

Not on the west coast, asked a bartender for a Labatts Ice and he asked if it was a new mexican beer.

My favorite beers are Killians Red, Guinness, and Molson Ice. As far as hard stuff goes, its going to taste like shit if its a shitty brand, but somestuff is actually very good and mellow going down, like Jameson and Bushmills

My favorite beers are :
-Pilsner Urquell ( original Pilsner brewed in Pilzen, Czech.
-Budvar-Original Bud brewed also somewhere in czech

Those are my two favorites.But I cant always afford those,Therefore I usually drink Stella artois or Zui Zhang( not sure how to spell it)

Czech beer rules

I think we can all agree most American Macrobrews suck. fuck Budweiser, fuck Miller, fuck Coors

I've heard some people prefer Stout to regular Guinness. I've only tried regular Guinness so I can't say.

I live in Czech and I don't drink anything else than Pilsner.

EDIT: BTW, what's the prize of Pilsner in other parts of the world like US or such? Isn't it hard to get?

Not on the west coast, asked a bartender for a Labatts Ice and he asked if it was a new mexican beer.

My favorite beers are Killians Red, Guinness, and Molson Ice. As far as hard stuff goes, its going to taste like shit if its a shitty brand, but somestuff is actually very good and mellow going down, like Jameson and Bushmills

I was talking about quality, not popularity when it comes to Labatt.