Beer

I have a little beer brewing kit my girlfriend got me for christmas...it has a little brown keg and somme extracts and junk...doesn't look too complex, but I am interested in home brewing

I had an interesting beer last night. It was by Stiegl and it was half beer half lemon soda. It tasted like Sprite or 7up. Tasty. You couldn't taste the alcohol at all

I have a Sam Adams Triple Bock in the fridge right now cooling for tonight. Im excited to try that one...I never knew they even made one

Weihenstephaner Korbinian doppelbock = win.

korbinian.jpg

so I had the Sam Adams Triple Bock

one of the few beers I poured down the sink. MoL was right about the cork being a problem. It was a weird pull off cork, so I pulled it off, and the damn thing broke. whatever. so I pushed the cork into the bottle (I didn't care). I poured just a little into my glass, and it came out like a coffee syrup. The comparisons to maple syrup and soy sauce work as well. Just really thick and dark. So I tried it and hated it. It was too thick...too coffee-y...just not very good at all

Luckily I had a Hop Stoopid chilled in the fridge in the event of me not liking the sam adams. The Hop Stoopid saved the night

I have a little beer brewing kit my girlfriend got me for christmas...it has a little brown keg and somme extracts and junk...doesn't look too complex, but I am interested in home brewing

I had an interesting beer last night. It was by Stiegl and it was half beer half lemon soda. It tasted like Sprite or 7up. Tasty. You couldn't taste the alcohol at all

I have a Sam Adams Triple Bock in the fridge right now cooling for tonight. Im excited to try that one...I never knew they even made one
Just a few things about homebrewing. Make sure you let the fermentation finish before bottling, and be sanitary before dumping into the bucket/carboy.

Whats a triple bock like? I usually like regular Bock beers.

A triple bock is just and extreme version of a doppelbock, I think Sam Adams is the only brewery to make it.

I've also heard terrible things about that beer.

I have an Expedition Stout, Old Horizontal, and a Hop Wallop left from my haul from Minnesota. Fuck Iowa and its shitty laws!

I am impatiently waiting for the release of Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot and Stone - Old Guardian. Two killer barlywines.

If anyone is looking for an interesting barlywine style ale to try, look for Lagunitas - Brown Shugga. It's pretty sweet, and not too hoppy, and I only paid like $6.50 for a 6 pack, and it's like 9.2 % abv. Not my favorite, but a good deal.

Going to the homebrew store tonight to pick up ingredients for a Wee Heavy and for the Heathen Red I brewed for Heathen Crusade because I'm goinng to see if I can make it better; probably bottle the wee heavy and keg the Heathen Red. Cook-ta, did you end up trying the Heathen Red at the hotel?

I am impatiently waiting for the release of Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot and Stone - Old Guardian. Two killer barlywines.

YES. My Stone rep that delivers to my store said the Old Guardian should be coming out within the first week of February. I'm also eager to try the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot since most of the reviews I've read said it's the best barleywine around.

I'm gonna have to check out morer stuff by Lagunitas. That Hop Stoopid I had the other night by them was pretty tasty

The reason why Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is said to be the best barley wine is because it's the most drinkable and not a beefy as others. It's pretty thin (compared to the rest), not as bitter, but damn tasty.

Also fuck you guys that can buy this beer easily.

I prefer English-style barleywines and wheatwines. Last time I had Bigfoot I was drinking it fresh, and I found it just to be a mouthful of pine needles. Too bitter and one-dimensional. And I like IIPAs. Almost all of them have more depth than Bigfoot. I will probably give it another try if I see it at a bar. Perhaps my tastes have changed. Supposedly I've never had any of the fresh super bitter ones. They don't really make it out here. We don't get Stone or Green Flash or Russian River.

YES. My Stone rep that delivers to my store said the Old Guardian should be coming out within the first week of February. I'm also eager to try the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot since most of the reviews I've read said it's the best barleywine around.

I'm gonna have to check out morer stuff by Lagunitas. That Hop Stoopid I had the other night by them was pretty tasty

Actually if you're really a fan of classic barlywines, Bigfoot might not end up being a favorite. It's very hoppy and bitter, as MasterOLightning mentioned. Old Guardian is much more of a classic, but just stronger. Bigfoot is more like the Green Flash barlywine, but maybe more bitter. At least it was last year.

^I had some of that once.

Man, I was just browsing BevMo and saw that Dogfish Head has a barlywine out called Olde School. 15% ABV!!! I think it was aboot $15 for a 4-pack. Not a bad price, really. I'll have to at least get one pack. It must be barlywine season, and what a wonderful season it is.

Also, Lagunitas Brown Shugga is like $2 more at BevMo than it is at Total Wine & More. Too bad Total Wine is further, but I think it is worth the trip, if I stock up.